RE: [S-R] Question about some Hungarian titles in the 1868 Hungarian Census

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hi David,

      Although I am not a native Hungarian, I do have a pretty good dictionary and
      might be able to help you with some of the terms:

      Dohany kis azulas (arulas) onallo -- Tobacconist
      Kis kereskero (small hunter ?) -- Shopkeeper
      Neptanito onallo ( ? Independent) - Schoolteacher
      Romuves - K�m�ves is a bricklayer or mason

      Janet