Re: [S-R] 100 Years in America 10 Oct 1906

  • June McKee
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2006
      Ron, That is really neat. I feel the same about all of the great help I have recieved from everyone. My grandfather also is the first one in my family to have come to America in 1903. I am hoping that I too will be able to find living relatives in Hungary. I havent even hardly begun on my grandmother. I am have been told that she came from Munkacs. I am awaiting information back from NY on her papers. I have sent off three times and hopefully this time will be the one! I am so hooked on this hobby. I just love it and everytime I find just a small thing it makes my day!
      June
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2006
        Munkacs is now in Ukraine. There are pretty much no genealogy-useful
        Ukraine documents in the fhl. You have to work directly with the Ukraine
        archives, they wouldn't let the fhl film there. It's much more difficult.
        Bill