100 Years in America 10 Oct 1906

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      If it was not for this group and others on the internet I may well not
      know enough to announce that my grandfather landed in America 100
      years ago today, 10 October 1906. As far as I know he is the first in
      my direct line to land. As a good Hungarian citizen he was listed as
      Istvan Matfiak. Time has changed that to Matviyak and Matviak over
      time and distance.

      Good fortune of travels back and forth made me an American with aunts
      and uncles in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I feel rather
      fortunate with the multi-national ties.

      Ron