Re: [S-R] Parobek, Brndjar, Soltis, Hruska, Laska

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
      Jomi:

      http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

      Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
      Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
      a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
      Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.

      Caye

      --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

      > I'll try posting this again without the gibberish!
      > I'm new to this board and to researching
      > genealogy. The names I am
      > trying to research are in pictures I inherited from
      > my grandmother who
      > was a Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec,
      > Gemer around
      > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was
      > Brndjar. Her
      > sister married a Soltis from the same area. I am not
      > sure if Hruska
      > and Laska are family names or friends, but their
      > names and photos
      > appear often in the collection. She only had one
      > child(my father) and
      > her sister, Sue Soltis, was the only other sibling
      > who had children.
      > The Parobeks settled in Cleveland,Ohio and the
      > Soltis family settled
      > in Albion, PA. If anyone has information about any
      > of these--it would
      > be most appreciated! Thank you!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jomi Blagdon
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
        http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

        > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
        > Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
        > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
        > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
        >

        > Caye

        THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
        I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology database"! I found my
        great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found out there were more
        siblings than I knew about! You have really helped me! What a great
        start for my research. I told you I was new at this!

        Jomi
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
          Welcome, I remember when I first discovered the
          Cleveland Necrology Database -- I spent days clicking
          around to find all the old names -- have a blast and
          soon you'll be helping others.

          Caye

          --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick
          > <ccaswick@...> wrote:

          http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

          > > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
          > > Library Necrology Database) -- although since
          > there is
          > > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
          > > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
          > >

          > > Caye
          > >
          > THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
          > I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology
          > database"! I found my
          > great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found
          > out there were more
          > siblings than I knew about! You have really helped
          > me! What a great
          > start for my research. I told you I was new at this!
          >
          > Jomi

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
            >>> Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec, Gemer around
            > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was Brndjar. Her
            > sister married a Soltis from the same area.<<<

            It's your lucky day!

            CENTER (FHC)
            www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
            (zomreli).

            LDS has Evangelical Lutheran Church parish registers of baptisms,
            marriages, deaths, mixed religion marriages and their children for
            Klenovec, Slovakia; formerly Klenócz, Gömör, Hungary.

            Krstení 1845-1859 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 3 ]

            Krstení 1859-1870 (str. 149-263) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 4 ]

            Krstení 1869-1885 (str. 263-412) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 5 ]

            Krstení 1885-1891 (str. 412-464) -- Krstení miešaných manželstiev
            1884 (str. 467) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 1 ]

            Krstení 1891-1895 (str. 1-78) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 2 ]

            Sobášení 1871 (str. 17b-c) -- Sobášení 1866-1896 (str. 1-105) --
            Miešané manželstvá a deti 1884 (str. 106) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002
            Item 3 ]

            Zomrelí 1852-1869 (str. 1-159) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 4 ]

            Zomrelí 1870-1883 (str. 160-273) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 5 ]

            Zomrelí 1884-1895 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 6 ]

            Index pokrstených A-Z (1845-1895), str. 1-195 - FHL INTL Film [
            2290002 Item 7 ]

            Index pokrstených B (1871-1895), str. 9-14 -- Index pokrstených L
            (1895), str. 97 -- Index pokrstených T (1893-1895), str. 129 - FHL
            INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 8 ]

            Index sobášených A-Z (1866-1894), str. 1-195 - VAULT INTL Film [
            2290420 Item 1 ]

            Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
            to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
            film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
            research.
          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
              >>> from Klenovec, Gemer <<<

              1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
              The old Hungarian map can be found at:
              http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/gomork.jpg

              Look on the left side in the brown area for Klenocz. That's your
              village.

              CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
              a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
              likely find in church records.
            • Jomi Blagdon
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                THANK YOU! Let the fun begin! I really am loving this!

                Jomi

              • Jomi Blagdon
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006

                  I have it saved and will use it as a reference--THANK YOU!!

                  Jomi