RE: [S-R] Parobek, Brndjar, Soltis, Hruska, Laska

  • Marilyn Hertenstein
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 8, 2006
      If you would like help in researching these people, you will have to give
      full names. Saying "my grandmother" or "my father" does not give us a clue.
      You just may be surprised at the help you may get if you give details. What
      information do you have and what information do you seek.

      Marilyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
        Jomi:

        http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

        Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
        Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
        a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
        Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.

        Caye

        --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

        > I'll try posting this again without the gibberish!
        > I'm new to this board and to researching
        > genealogy. The names I am
        > trying to research are in pictures I inherited from
        > my grandmother who
        > was a Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec,
        > Gemer around
        > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was
        > Brndjar. Her
        > sister married a Soltis from the same area. I am not
        > sure if Hruska
        > and Laska are family names or friends, but their
        > names and photos
        > appear often in the collection. She only had one
        > child(my father) and
        > her sister, Sue Soltis, was the only other sibling
        > who had children.
        > The Parobeks settled in Cleveland,Ohio and the
        > Soltis family settled
        > in Albion, PA. If anyone has information about any
        > of these--it would
        > be most appreciated! Thank you!

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jomi Blagdon
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
          http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

          > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
          > Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
          > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
          > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
          >

          > Caye

          THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
          I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology database"! I found my
          great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found out there were more
          siblings than I knew about! You have really helped me! What a great
          start for my research. I told you I was new at this!

          Jomi
        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
            Welcome, I remember when I first discovered the
            Cleveland Necrology Database -- I spent days clicking
            around to find all the old names -- have a blast and
            soon you'll be helping others.

            Caye

            --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick
            > <ccaswick@...> wrote:

            http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

            > > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
            > > Library Necrology Database) -- although since
            > there is
            > > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
            > > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
            > >

            > > Caye
            > >
            > THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
            > I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology
            > database"! I found my
            > great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found
            > out there were more
            > siblings than I knew about! You have really helped
            > me! What a great
            > start for my research. I told you I was new at this!
            >
            > Jomi

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
              >>> Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec, Gemer around
              > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was Brndjar. Her
              > sister married a Soltis from the same area.<<<

              It's your lucky day!

              CENTER (FHC)
              www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
              (zomreli).

              LDS has Evangelical Lutheran Church parish registers of baptisms,
              marriages, deaths, mixed religion marriages and their children for
              Klenovec, Slovakia; formerly Klenócz, Gömör, Hungary.

              Krstení 1845-1859 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 3 ]

              Krstení 1859-1870 (str. 149-263) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 4 ]

              Krstení 1869-1885 (str. 263-412) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 5 ]

              Krstení 1885-1891 (str. 412-464) -- Krstení miešaných manželstiev
              1884 (str. 467) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 1 ]

              Krstení 1891-1895 (str. 1-78) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 2 ]

              Sobášení 1871 (str. 17b-c) -- Sobášení 1866-1896 (str. 1-105) --
              Miešané manželstvá a deti 1884 (str. 106) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002
              Item 3 ]

              Zomrelí 1852-1869 (str. 1-159) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 4 ]

              Zomrelí 1870-1883 (str. 160-273) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 5 ]

              Zomrelí 1884-1895 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 6 ]

              Index pokrstených A-Z (1845-1895), str. 1-195 - FHL INTL Film [
              2290002 Item 7 ]

              Index pokrstených B (1871-1895), str. 9-14 -- Index pokrstených L
              (1895), str. 97 -- Index pokrstených T (1893-1895), str. 129 - FHL
              INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 8 ]

              Index sobášených A-Z (1866-1894), str. 1-195 - VAULT INTL Film [
              2290420 Item 1 ]

              Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
              to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
              film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
              research.
            • johnqadam
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                >>> from Klenovec, Gemer <<<

                1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
                The old Hungarian map can be found at:
                http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/gomork.jpg

                Look on the left side in the brown area for Klenocz. That's your
                village.

                CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
                a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
                likely find in church records.
              • Jomi Blagdon
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                  THANK YOU! Let the fun begin! I really am loving this!

                  Jomi

                • Jomi Blagdon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006

                    I have it saved and will use it as a reference--THANK YOU!!

                    Jomi