Bachledova, Bachleda

  • scoop405106
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
      Hello Group,
      Just starting an overall search for people researching Bachledova,s-
      Bachleda's in the Lucivna region.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
        >>> researching Bachledova,s-Bachleda's in the Lucivna region.<<<

        CENTER (FHC)
        www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
        (zomreli).

        LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages,
        deaths and confirmations for Luèivná, Slovakia, formerly Lucsivna,
        Szepes, Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Nižna Šuòava and Vyšná
        Šuòava, formerly known as Alsó-Sunyava and Felsõ-Sunyava.

        Krstení 1762-1789 Krstení 1779-1840 Rodná kniha 1816-1876 Sobášení
        1762-1791 Sobášení 1779-1817 Zomrelí 1762-1791 NIŽNÁ ŠUÒAVA a VYŠNÁ
        ŠUÒAVA Krstení 1762-1843 Sobášení 1762-1839 Zomrelí 1762-1808
        Birmovaní 1872, 1881, 1883, 1897 - FHL INTL Film [ 1739395 Items 3-
        5 ]

        Birmovaní 1897, 1908 Sobášení 1877-1878, 1880-1881, 1887 Sobášení
        1905-1923, 1943, 1945-1946 Status animarum Zomrelí 1808-1843
        Birmovaní 1921 Krstení 1844-1880 Sobášení 1844-1880 Zomrelí 1844-
        1880 Sobášení 1881-1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1739396 ]

        Sobášení 1895-1896 Krstení 1881-1897 Zomrelí 1881-1909 - FHL INTL
        Film [ 1739397 Items 1-2 ]

        Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
        to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
        film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
        research.
      • Jim Simon
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2006
          Is anyone familiar with this village or area and is there anyone who knows
          someone who lives in this area that I might correspond with.

          I am pretty frustrated in trying to locate my Grandmother's, Mary Elizabeth
          COLPAK, family. She was born in Gyorke on 23 July 1890 to John and
          Szusanna(b 7 Jul 1867) COLPAK. My frustration probably comes from not
          knowing how the family spelled the last name. Her brother John spelled it
          COLPOK and my Grandmother often used KOLPAK. Family tradition has it that
          father John died in then Hungary and then followed the immigration of mother
          Szusanna, daughter Maria and son John (b 27 Apr 1892) to the US in 1901.
          Mother Szusanna's sister Mary was already in the US and married. Ergo the
          reason for the immigration. After about a year Szusanna married again to
          Michael Bobcak (Bobchak, Bobzak, Bobchak) in Marion County, WV. Maria
          married Albert SIMON in 1909 in Marion County, WV. Albert was of the
          Hungarian Reformed (Calvinist) religion and I believe Maria's Colpak family
          as well was. Szusanna's second husband was from Zemplin County, Hungary and
          was of the Catholic religion. Mother Szusanna's maiden name was LACKO
          (Lasko, Laszko, Letsco)and her father was Stephen LACKO (b ca 1838) and
          mother Mary HORNJAK.

          Things I would like to find out:
          Correct spelling of COLPAK
          Correct spelling of LACKO
          Are these families in local records?
          Is John COLPAK's death recorded there?
          Is John and Szusanna's marriage recorded?
          Confirmation of the family's immigration
          Are there any relatives still in the village?
          Any other information about the families and individuals.

          I appreciate any and all leads and I hope to visit Gyorke in about 2 years,
          My Best wishes,
          Jim Simon
        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 13, 2006
            Dear Jim,

            The name is spelled Kolpak in the Slovak telephone directory
            (http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/?co=st_zoznam_en). There are 19 listed with this
            name, but none from Durkov. There are a couple in Kosice, but most seem to
            be in the Presov area.

            Most of your questions could be answered easily by looking at the
            microfilmed church records at your local Family History Center. It sounds
            like you have not yet done that. The village of Gyorke (now Durkov SK) had a
            Reformed church. If your family was not Reformed, you may have to look for a
            nearby village that had a church of the appropriate religion.

            Janet

          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 13, 2006
              >>> I am pretty frustrated in trying to locate my Grandmother's, Mary
              Elizabeth COLPAK, family. She was born in Gyorke on 23 July 1890 to
              John and Szusanna(b 7 Jul 1867) COLPAK.<<<

              What RELIGION?

              When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village
              is paramount because records are organized by village not nationally,
              so it is not possible to search on a national basis. It is also
              necessary to know the religion.
            • Jim Simon
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 13, 2006
                Please note as it was given as Calvinist (Hungarian Reformed)

                >>> I am pretty frustrated in trying to locate my Grandmother's, Mary
                Elizabeth COLPAK, family. She was born in Gyorke on 23 July 1890 to John and
                Szusanna(b 7 Jul 1867) COLPAK.<<<

                What RELIGION?

                When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village is
                paramount because records are organized by village not nationally, so it is
                not possible to search on a national basis. It is also necessary to know the
                religion.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 13, 2006
                  In 1910 the village makeup was:
                  207 roman catholic
                  110 Greek Catholic
                  301 Reformed

                  Chance are high that if born in said village he was of one of the above
                  religions. Calvinist is too different from RC and GC, so chances are also
                  high he was Reformed (not a promise, just a high probability.)

                  I agree with Janet, go pull the microfilm of these church records and see
                  what you find.

                  Good luck!

                  Bill