Re: [S-R] Parobek, Brndjar, Soltis, Hruska, Laska

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
      hi jomi - i can put you in touch with a parobek from ohio - please e mail me directly at helenezx@...

      helene

      Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:
      I'm new to this board and to researching genealogy. The names I am trying to research are in pictures I inherited from my grandmother who was a Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec, Gemer around 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was Brndjar. Her sister married a Soltis from the same area. I am not sure if Hruska and Laska are family names or friends, but their names and photos appear often in the collection. She only had one child(my father) and her sister, Sue Soltis, was the only other sibling who had children. The Parobeks settled in Cleveland,Ohio and the Soltis family settled in Albion, PA. If anyone has information about any of these--it would be most appreciated! Thank you!

    • Jomi Blagdon
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 8, 2006
        I'll try posting this again without the gibberish!
        I'm new to this board and to researching genealogy. The names I am
        trying to research are in pictures I inherited from my grandmother who
        was a Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec, Gemer around
        1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was Brndjar. Her
        sister married a Soltis from the same area. I am not sure if Hruska
        and Laska are family names or friends, but their names and photos
        appear often in the collection. She only had one child(my father) and
        her sister, Sue Soltis, was the only other sibling who had children.
        The Parobeks settled in Cleveland,Ohio and the Soltis family settled
        in Albion, PA. If anyone has information about any of these--it would
        be most appreciated! Thank you!
      • Marilyn Hertenstein
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 8, 2006
          If you would like help in researching these people, you will have to give
          full names. Saying "my grandmother" or "my father" does not give us a clue.
          You just may be surprised at the help you may get if you give details. What
          information do you have and what information do you seek.

          Marilyn

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
            Jomi:

            http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

            Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
            Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
            a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
            Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.

            Caye

            --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

            > I'll try posting this again without the gibberish!
            > I'm new to this board and to researching
            > genealogy. The names I am
            > trying to research are in pictures I inherited from
            > my grandmother who
            > was a Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec,
            > Gemer around
            > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was
            > Brndjar. Her
            > sister married a Soltis from the same area. I am not
            > sure if Hruska
            > and Laska are family names or friends, but their
            > names and photos
            > appear often in the collection. She only had one
            > child(my father) and
            > her sister, Sue Soltis, was the only other sibling
            > who had children.
            > The Parobeks settled in Cleveland,Ohio and the
            > Soltis family settled
            > in Albion, PA. If anyone has information about any
            > of these--it would
            > be most appreciated! Thank you!

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jomi Blagdon
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
              http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

              > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
              > Library Necrology Database) -- although since there is
              > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
              > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
              >

              > Caye

              THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
              I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology database"! I found my
              great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found out there were more
              siblings than I knew about! You have really helped me! What a great
              start for my research. I told you I was new at this!

              Jomi
            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                Welcome, I remember when I first discovered the
                Cleveland Necrology Database -- I spent days clicking
                around to find all the old names -- have a blast and
                soon you'll be helping others.

                Caye

                --- Jomi Blagdon <jomi17@...> wrote:

                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick
                > <ccaswick@...> wrote:

                http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-3268-722481713:recno=1:next=html/obit_results.html:bad=error/badfetch.html:entitytoprecno=1:entitycurrecno=1:resultset=2:numrecs=10:format=B

                > > Found 19 Parobeck listings there (Cleveland Public
                > > Library Necrology Database) -- although since
                > there is
                > > a Parobeck Funeral Home, running that name as a
                > > Keyword brought up hundreds of useless hits.
                > >

                > > Caye
                > >
                > THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAYE!!
                > I didn't know there was anything like a"necrology
                > database"! I found my
                > great-grandmother and great-grandfather--and found
                > out there were more
                > siblings than I knew about! You have really helped
                > me! What a great
                > start for my research. I told you I was new at this!
                >
                > Jomi

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • johnqadam
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                  >>> Parobek whose family immigrated from Klenovec, Gemer around
                  > 1906. She told me that her mother's maiden name was Brndjar. Her
                  > sister married a Soltis from the same area.<<<

                  It's your lucky day!

                  CENTER (FHC)
                  www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
                  (zomreli).

                  LDS has Evangelical Lutheran Church parish registers of baptisms,
                  marriages, deaths, mixed religion marriages and their children for
                  Klenovec, Slovakia; formerly Klenócz, Gömör, Hungary.

                  Krstení 1845-1859 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 3 ]

                  Krstení 1859-1870 (str. 149-263) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 4 ]

                  Krstení 1869-1885 (str. 263-412) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290001 Item 5 ]

                  Krstení 1885-1891 (str. 412-464) -- Krstení miešaných manželstiev
                  1884 (str. 467) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 1 ]

                  Krstení 1891-1895 (str. 1-78) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 2 ]

                  Sobášení 1871 (str. 17b-c) -- Sobášení 1866-1896 (str. 1-105) --
                  Miešané manželstvá a deti 1884 (str. 106) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002
                  Item 3 ]

                  Zomrelí 1852-1869 (str. 1-159) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 4 ]

                  Zomrelí 1870-1883 (str. 160-273) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 5 ]

                  Zomrelí 1884-1895 (str. 1-148) - FHL INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 6 ]

                  Index pokrstených A-Z (1845-1895), str. 1-195 - FHL INTL Film [
                  2290002 Item 7 ]

                  Index pokrstených B (1871-1895), str. 9-14 -- Index pokrstených L
                  (1895), str. 97 -- Index pokrstených T (1893-1895), str. 129 - FHL
                  INTL Film [ 2290002 Item 8 ]

                  Index sobášených A-Z (1866-1894), str. 1-195 - VAULT INTL Film [
                  2290420 Item 1 ]

                  Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
                  to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
                  film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
                  research.
                • johnqadam
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                    >>> from Klenovec, Gemer <<<

                    1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
                    The old Hungarian map can be found at:
                    http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/gomork.jpg

                    Look on the left side in the brown area for Klenocz. That's your
                    village.

                    CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
                    a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
                    likely find in church records.
                  • Jomi Blagdon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006
                      THANK YOU! Let the fun begin! I really am loving this!

                      Jomi

                    • Jomi Blagdon
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 9, 2006

                        I have it saved and will use it as a reference--THANK YOU!!

                        Jomi