Re: Slovakia Address Format

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
      Given the similarity between "Slovakia" and "Slovenia" to the eye, I
      always write "Slovak Republic" to minimize any mix-ups.

      Slovakia is so unknown to most people that I still state "my family
      is from Czechoslovakia" and that is sufficient depth for most
      Americans and most discussions. Yes, and I have had to
      clarify "Slovakia" to people in the post office who could not locate
      it on their electronic postage meter!

      Slovak Republic is safer. Hopefully "Europe" is overkill! (my
      sympathy, Helene!)

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux
      <helenezx@...> wrote:

      > My post office has advised me to put Europe in the line below
      Slovakia

      > helene
      >
      > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
      > Dumbierska 2
      > 040 01 Kosice 1
      > Slovakia

    • William F Brna
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
        Use "Slovak Republic" in order that it might not be missent to
        Slovenia.

        William F. Brna

        On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 00:31:06 -0000 "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
        writes:
        > Dumbierska 2
        > 040 01 Kosice 1
        > Slovakia

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bernardine Weigand
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          My p.o. has advised me to use Slovak Republic, which is used by our postal service. This also reduces confusion with Slovenia.
          Bernardine