Re: Slovakia Address Format

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
      Dumbierska 2
      040 01 Kosice 1
      Slovakia
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
        My post office has advised me to put Europe in the line below Slovakia

        helene

        johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
        Dumbierska 2
        040 01 Kosice 1
        Slovakia

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
          Given the similarity between "Slovakia" and "Slovenia" to the eye, I
          always write "Slovak Republic" to minimize any mix-ups.

          Slovakia is so unknown to most people that I still state "my family
          is from Czechoslovakia" and that is sufficient depth for most
          Americans and most discussions. Yes, and I have had to
          clarify "Slovakia" to people in the post office who could not locate
          it on their electronic postage meter!

          Slovak Republic is safer. Hopefully "Europe" is overkill! (my
          sympathy, Helene!)

          Ron

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux
          <helenezx@...> wrote:

          > My post office has advised me to put Europe in the line below
          Slovakia

          > helene
          >
          > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
          > Dumbierska 2
          > 040 01 Kosice 1
          > Slovakia

        • William F Brna
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
            Use "Slovak Republic" in order that it might not be missent to
            Slovenia.

            William F. Brna

            On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 00:31:06 -0000 "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
            writes:
            > Dumbierska 2
            > 040 01 Kosice 1
            > Slovakia

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bernardine Weigand
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
              My p.o. has advised me to use Slovak Republic, which is used by our postal service. This also reduces confusion with Slovenia.
              Bernardine