Slovakia Address Format

  • Kevin Thur
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
      I would like to send a birthday card to someone in Kosice, Slovakia, but do not
      know the correct addressing format. I do know that the street address is
      Dumbierska 2, and the postal code is 04001.

      Can anyone help? Thank you.

      Kevin

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
        Dumbierska 2
        040 01 Kosice 1
        Slovakia
      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
          My post office has advised me to put Europe in the line below Slovakia

          helene

          johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
          Dumbierska 2
          040 01 Kosice 1
          Slovakia

        • amiak27
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
            Given the similarity between "Slovakia" and "Slovenia" to the eye, I
            always write "Slovak Republic" to minimize any mix-ups.

            Slovakia is so unknown to most people that I still state "my family
            is from Czechoslovakia" and that is sufficient depth for most
            Americans and most discussions. Yes, and I have had to
            clarify "Slovakia" to people in the post office who could not locate
            it on their electronic postage meter!

            Slovak Republic is safer. Hopefully "Europe" is overkill! (my
            sympathy, Helene!)

            Ron

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux
            <helenezx@...> wrote:

            > My post office has advised me to put Europe in the line below
            Slovakia

            > helene
            >
            > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
            > Dumbierska 2
            > 040 01 Kosice 1
            > Slovakia

          • William F Brna
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
              Use "Slovak Republic" in order that it might not be missent to
              Slovenia.

              William F. Brna

              On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 00:31:06 -0000 "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
              writes:
              > Dumbierska 2
              > 040 01 Kosice 1
              > Slovakia

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Bernardine Weigand
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
                My p.o. has advised me to use Slovak Republic, which is used by our postal service. This also reduces confusion with Slovenia.
                Bernardine