Slovak-American Blog

  • slovak_american
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Ahoj Everyone!

      I'm a proud Slovak-American from the Pittsburgh region. My great
      grandparents came from both East (Michalovce, Humenne, Kosice) and
      Central (Orava) Slovakia. I'm very interested in geneaology and have
      collected quite a bit of info about my family. I was also fortunate
      enough about 10 years ago to visit the village where my family came
      from (Pakostov.. near Vranov) and see the house (er.. plot) my great
      grandparents left.

      I decided a few weeks ago to start a blog about my interest in
      Slovakia and being Slovak-American. I plan to post quite a bit of
      stuff about geneaology and what I've discovered. You may find it of
      interest.

      I'm hoping to hear from other Slovak-Americans and possibly get a good
      network going of people interested in their heritage.

      Cau!

      http://slovakamerican.blogspot.com/