RE: [S-R] Some help needed on reading my great-grandfather's death certificate

  • David Colello
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006
      Janet-

      Thanks VERY much for the information you provided. I had just recently
      gotten my great-grandfather's death certificate and hadn't gone back to the
      immigration records to pin down which Janos Rokita he was. You've
      definitely found the right one, given the other info on the death cert and
      the manifest. In any case, there's no way I would have gotten from the
      ship's manifest to the detailed information you provided.

      Maria Rokita is most likely my great grandfather's sister, although I'm not
      sure that my grandmother knows about her...I'll have to ask.

      Thanks again.
      David