Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] SHOROUGH, AUSTRIA

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "JoAnn " <js121@h...> wrote:
      > I posted another message before. My great-grandmother
      > (Mary Macksimich) also is from Shorough ( don't know if I am
      > spelling it right). She had two brothers, George and Nickolas,
      > who also settled in Pa.
      >
      > Jo Ann

      Perhaps your surname was related to Michalina Macksimik listed in
      the Social Security Death Index.
      (bears feminine version of the male surname Michael)

      http://ssdi.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?f3=Macksimik&f4=&f0=&f1=&f2=&
      f20=&advqt=%2Fsearch%2Frectype%2Fvital%2Fssdi%2Fmain.htm&db=ssdi&submi
      t423=Search&f13=&f15=&f14=&f12=&f9=&f8=&f10=&f6=&f5=&f7=

      You could Write Letter under Request (SS5)
      The copy of SS application form SS-5 lists surname village/town
      of origin, parent's names, and mother's maiden name.