Re: [S-R] Return Trips

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2006
      Your request is to a large part, sadly, a dead-end. Many people ask, the
      answer is always the same.

      I've never seen such a list, the US government never kept any emigrant
      records during that era, thus no public info, nothing readily available.
      The only place such lists might exist is with the shipping companies
      themselves. The vast majority of companies thas passaged immigrants were
      European, largely German-based. Most of the shipping company records did
      not survive the past 100 years for one reason or another.

      You can try these two, but remember, most of their data is From Europe to
      America. The purpose of providing these links is that there may be some
      good contacts to reach for further info.
      http://linktoyourroots.hamburg.de/ltyr/index.html
      http://www.schiffslisten.de/index_en.html

      For a broader perspective, try posting a message at a larger, "generic"
      genealogy group, since this issue was common to all emigrants.

      Good Luck,
      Bill Tarkulich
      www.tarkulich.com

      --