Turanszky

  • voony
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 14 5:44 PM
      I am searching for anyone who may have information about Maria (Mary) Turansky (Turanszky,Turanski,Turinszki) and possibly other spellings. Ellis Island translated it as Fuzinszki but I know this is wrong, but the manifest is hard to translate. She arrived at Ellis on June 6, 1898 and was going to visit her sister and aunt in Helvetia Pa. The 1900 census has her living in Punxsutawney with her brother Mike and husband John Sugars.
      I have info about John and Mary’s family after they arrived in the USA but nothing about Mary’s family.
      John arrived in 1896 from Hungary and married Mary in 1898. Both of these people are my wife’s grandparents.
      We think there were other relatives aready in the USA but are not sure when they came.
      Bob
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 14 6:15 PM
        Hi Bob

        I have one person in the Slovak Pride data base who lists Turansky ancestors from southwestern Slovakia - e mail me directly if you want contact info,

        helene
        helenezx@...

        voony <voony@...> wrote:
        I am searching for anyone who may have information about Maria (Mary) Turansky (Turanszky,Turanski,Turinszki) and possibly other spellings. Ellis Island translated it as Fuzinszki but I know this is wrong, but the manifest is hard to translate. She arrived at Ellis on June 6, 1898 and was going to visit her sister and aunt in Helvetia Pa. The 1900 census has her living in Punxsutawney with her brother Mike and husband John Sugars.
        I have info about John and Mary’s family after they arrived in the USA but nothing about Mary’s family.
        John arrived in 1896 from Hungary and married Mary in 1898. Both of these people are my wife’s grandparents.
        We think there were other relatives aready in the USA but are not sure when they came.
        Bob

      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 14 8:39 PM
          I have some information on this family. Please remind me to post you in a week or so -- I need to locate it.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 19 6:54 PM
            Andrea
            Just a reminder as you requested. No rush just at your convenience.
            Bob von Berge

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 31, 2012
              My grandfather was "FURIMSKY" I find "KURIMSKY" in the area he lived. Trafford Pa. I found that same post from Ellis Island. Now I am thinking "FUZINSZKI" or ANY spelling close IS a link. My other grandfather "KURUTZ" was so illusive! He spelled his name completely different on every document. GEORGE KURTZ married to MARY RENDOSH if anyone can help. Oh, STEFAN FURIMSKY married Mary TURCHAN. Thank you in advance anyone! Mary Ann
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...> wrote:

              > I have some information on this family. Please remind me to post you in a week or so -- I need to locate it.

            • Michael Mojher
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 31, 2012
                MaryAnn,
                From the 1995 Slovak Census. There are 299 listings in 80 locations. The Top10 locations are given. They seem to concentrated in the orkes/districts of Bratislava and Tnava. They are not close to one another.

                Below that is the information on Maršová-Rašov. This is a case where two other villages were incorporated in one. On the Ships Manifest for Maria Turansky she listed Rasso as her residence. Rasov went by that spelling in 1898.

                Below that is an information page on Marosova-Rasov. It contains an email address and website.

                Priezvisko TURANSKY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 1×, celkový počet lokalít: 1, v lokalitách:
                PEZINOK, okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 PEZINOK) – 1×;

                Priezvisko TURANSKÝ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 291×, celkový počet lokalít: 76, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
                PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 22×;
                PEZINOK, okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 PEZINOK) – 19×;
                TRNAVA, okr. TRNAVA – 16×;
                RUŽINOV (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 12×;
                PARTIZÁNSKE, okr. TOPOĽČANY (od r. 1996 PARTIZÁNSKE) – 11×;
                ZAVAR, okr. TRNAVA – 11×;
                SENICA, okr. SENICA – 10×;
                VODERADY, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) – 9×;
                CHTELNICA, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) – 7×;
                VEĽKÉ KOSTOĽANY, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) – 7×;

                Priezvisko TURÁNSKY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 4×, celkový počet lokalít: 3, v lokalitách:
                LEVICE, okr. LEVICE – 2×;
                VRAKUŇA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 1×;
                MESTO-JUH (obec KRUPINA), okr. ZVOLEN (od r. 1996 KRUPINA) – 1×;

                Maršová-Rašov BY/ZI trenč. po 1895 pričl. o. Rašov, Urbanov.
                1773 Marsova, Marssowa, 1786 Marschowa, 1808 Marsová, Marssowá, 1863–1888 Marsova, 1892–1895 Marsófalu, 1898–1902 Rassómarsófaluurbanó, 1907–1913 Marsófalva, 1920 Maršová, Maršovka, 1927– 1998 Maršová, 1998( Maršová-Rašov
                Rašov: 1773 Rassov, Rassow, 1786 Raschow, 1808 Rassó, Rassow, 1863–1895 Rassó
                --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...> wrote:

                > I have some information on this family. Please remind me to post you in a week or so -- I need to locate it.

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                  1907 Ellis Island records  arrival of Istvan Forimsky 27 arrived this is Humgarian spelling:  Istvan Forimszky;  [EEst-vahn] Furimszky [Foorreem-skee]. Slovak:Stefan [Shtehf-ahn] Forimsky.
                  Phone records Show The name Forimsky, mostly in Helcmanova [Hellts,ahn-ovah] and Prakovce [Prrahkohv-tseh].

                  My Mozilla will not allow me additional windows, so I can't look at the original manifest.

                  Z Bohom,

                  Vilo

                  ________________________________
                  My grandfather was "FURIMSKY" I find "KURIMSKY" in the area he lived. Trafford Pa. I found that same post from Ellis Island. Now I am thinking "FUZINSZKI" or ANY spelling close IS a link. My other grandfather "KURUTZ" was so illusive! He spelled his name completely different on every document. GEORGE KURTZ married to MARY RENDOSH if anyone can help. Oh, STEFAN FURIMSKY married Mary TURCHAN. Thank you in advance anyone! Mary Ann
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...> wrote:

                  > I have some information on this family. Please remind me to post you in a week or so -- I need to locate it.

                • therrienmaryann
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                    Thank you Michael, lots to check out from those sites!

                    > MaryAnn,
                    > From the 1995 Slovak Census. There are 299 listings in 80 locations. The Top10 locations are given. They seem to concentrated in the orkes/districts of Bratislava and Tnava. They are not close to one another.
                    >
                    > Below that is the information on Maršová-Rašov. This is a case where two other villages were incorporated in one. On the Ships Manifest for Maria Turansky she listed Rasso as her residence. Rasov went by that spelling in 1898.
                    >
                    > Below that is an information page on Marosova-Rasov. It contains an email address and website.
                    >
                    > Priezvisko TURANSKY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 1×, celkový počet lokalít: 1, v lokalitách:
                    > PEZINOK, okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 PEZINOK) â€" 1×;

                    > Priezvisko TURANSKÝ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 291×, celkový počet lokalít: 76, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
                    > PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA â€" 22×;
                    > PEZINOK, okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 PEZINOK) â€" 19×;
                    > TRNAVA, okr. TRNAVA â€" 16×;
                    > RUŽINOV (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA â€" 12×;
                    > PARTIZÁNSKE, okr. TOPOĽČANY (od r. 1996 PARTIZÁNSKE) â€" 11×;
                    > ZAVAR, okr. TRNAVA â€" 11×;
                    > SENICA, okr. SENICA â€" 10×;
                    > VODERADY, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) â€" 9×;
                    > CHTELNICA, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) â€" 7×;
                    > VEĽKÉ KOSTOĽANY, okr. TRNAVA (od r. 1996 PIEŠŤANY) â€" 7×;
                    >
                    > Priezvisko TURÁNSKY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 4×, celkový počet lokalít: 3, v lokalitách:
                    > LEVICE, okr. LEVICE â€" 2×;
                    > VRAKUŇA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA â€" 1×;
                    > MESTO-JUH (obec KRUPINA), okr. ZVOLEN (od r. 1996 KRUPINA) â€" 1×;
                    >
                    > Maršová-Rašov BY/ZI trenč. po 1895 pričl. o. Rašov, Urbanov.
                    > 1773 Marsova, Marssowa, 1786 Marschowa, 1808 Marsová, Marssowá, 1863â€"1888 Marsova, 1892â€"1895 Marsófalu, 1898â€"1902 Rassómarsófaluurbanó, 1907â€"1913 Marsófalva, 1920 MarÅ¡ová, MarÅ¡ovka, 1927â€" 1998 MarÅ¡ová, 1998( MarÅ¡ová-RaÅ¡ov
                    > RaÅ¡ov: 1773 Rassov, Rassow, 1786 Raschow, 1808 Rassó, Rassow, 1863â€"1895 Rassó

                  • therrienmaryann
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                      Thank you William, I'll be looking this up now. This sounds very promising! I am so glad to have found this group! I was spinning wheels alone in my searching.

                      > 1907 Ellis Island records  arrival of Istvan Forimsky 27 arrived this is Humgarian spelling:  Istvan Forimszky;  [EEst-vahn] Furimszky [Foorreem-skee]. Slovak:Stefan [Shtehf-ahn] Forimsky.
                      > Phone records Show The name Forimsky, mostly in Helcmanova [Hellts,ahn-ovah] and Prakovce [Prrahkohv-tseh].
                      >
                      > My Mozilla will not allow me additional windows, so I can't look at the original manifest.
                      >
                      > Z Bohom,
                      >
                      > Vilo
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • therrienmaryann
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 8, 2012
                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "therrienmaryann" <therrienmaryann@...> wrote:

                        > My grandfather was "FURIMSKY" I find "KURIMSKY" in the area he lived. Trafford Pa. I found that same post from Ellis Island. Now I am thinking "FUZINSZKI" or ANY spelling close IS a link. My other grandfather "KURUTZ" was so illusive! He spelled his name completely different on every document. GEORGE KURTZ married to MARY RENDOSH if anyone can help. Oh, STEFAN FURIMSKY married Mary TURCHAN. Thank you in advance anyone! Mary Ann
                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I have some information on this family. Please remind me to post you in a week or so -- I need to locate it.

                      • William C. Wormuth
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 8, 2012
                          If you go to the original manifests at Ellis, you might find info on  (K), (F), or Turansky. [Kuhrran-skee] [Fuhrran-skee] [Tuhrhan-skee.

                          Kuruc, [ Kuh-rrruhts] is Kurucz, in Hungarian.  Americans might pronounce it [Kuh-ruhk] and he might have tried Kuruts..  Your Grandfather was probably so frustrated, he tried to please everyone.

                          People often were afraid to use any other spelling than on Ellis Docs.

                          Genealogy work is very time consuming and one must have patience working with it.

                          Nech Pan Boh Daj......,

                          Vilo