Re: [S-R] Printing Ellis Island Manifests

  • Karen C
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 14, 2006
      Thanks so much David. I will definitely give this a try. I have a few names that I have been unable to find any records on as well but it seems they should be there. The records I have seen have been typed very clearly while others the handwriting is barely legible.

      Karen

      david1law@... wrote:
      Hi Karen

      An excellent way to search the Ellis Island database is to use Dr. Steve
      Morse's One-Step Ellis Island Search Engines (White, Gray, or Blue Forms) at the
      following website address:

      _www.stevemorse.org_ (http://www.stevemorse.org)

      I highly recommend it, as it is search tool (similar to GOOGLE) that mines
      the Ellis Island database. I found my grandfather's Ellis Island information
      through Steve Morse's One-Step Ellis Island Search Engine after trying for
      more than a year on the regular Ellis Island database. The name had been
      misspelled in the database. The One-Step Ellis Island Search Engines allows
      searching by partial name (at least first three letters of surname), and one can
      search by year(s) of arrival between, age at arrival between, year of birth
      between, ship name, town name, and ethnicity. It is a great and awesome
      resource, especially if one has trouble finding one's relatives through the regular
      Ellis Island database.

      Best regards,

      David

    • voony
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 14, 2006
        I am sure you will get many replies to your question. My suggestion is to go to www.ellisiland.com and follow the instructions. You will have to join but there is no cost, so as I said, follow the instructions.
        Bob