Printing Ellis Island Manifests

  • voony
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 12 6:38 PM
      Does anyone know how to print the manifests from Ellis island? When i try to ues File-print, it says disabled
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 12 6:46 PM
        lol, well not so funny -- but they'd prefer if you
        order a "copy" and pay them for copying and shipping.

        It's the only way -- not sure if you can save/as the
        image, probably not.

        Caye

        --- voony <voony@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know how to print the manifests from
        > Ellis island? When i try to ues File-print, it says
        > disabled

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Marilyn Hertenstein
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 12 7:49 PM
          When you have the manifest up on your computer screen, move your mouse to
          the upper left corner. Little icons will appear, and click on the one
          looking like a disk, and it will allow you to save it to your hard drive.
          You can print as usual from there.

          Marilyn

          _____

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 13 1:44 AM
            Marilyn describes a good method, but it only works with Microsoft Internet
            Explorer.

            Bill

            Does anyone know how to print the manifests from Ellis island? When i try to
            ues File-print, it says disabled

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Nick Holcz
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 13 3:48 AM
              At 09:38 AM 13/09/2006, you wrote:

              >Does anyone know how to print the manifests from Ellis island? When
              >i try to ues File-print, it says disabled

              Try
              Ctrl A ( selects all) then
              Ctrl C ( which is copy) then open your word processing program to a
              new file and hit Ctrl P ( which is paste)

              Nick
            • voony
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 13 11:33 AM
                Thanks all for the info.
                I was able to print out manifests without problems
                Bob

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 13 12:25 PM
                  Hi.........I will just list another way to do that. I have an Epson flat bed scanner........with it comes a picture/photo program called PhotoImpressions 4. When it becomes too difficult to copy or your computer will not allow you to save this is a wonderful program.

                  I leave what I want copied/saved opened in a window..........then I open PhotoImpressions 4.....there is a feature there called "Screen Capture".........I just click that........the item that I want to copy comes up...........and after about 15-20 seconds my PhotoImpressions comes back up........and there is what I wanted saved.

                  You can now use the edit function........crop, etc............and save to where you wish to save it on your computer.

                  Jan

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 13 12:40 PM
                    You can accomplish the same thing with your keyboard. When you have
                    something on your screen and want to save just that view, you can hit the
                    Ctrl key and the Print Screen key at the same time, and then open up Word
                    (or a new email) and once there, hit Ctrl plus the letter "v". Save as
                    usual.

                    Marilyn

                    _____

                    Marilyn describes a good method, but it only works with Microsoft Internet
                    Explorer.

                    Bill

                    Does anyone know how to print the manifests from Ellis island? When i try to
                    ues File-print, it says disabled

                    http://www.yahoogro ups.com/group/ SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email to
                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Richard & Dian Strauss
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 13 1:49 PM
                      Can someone tell me how i can get to the ellis island manifests - is there info on this somewhere?

                      thanks

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 13 2:55 PM
                          I am sure you will get many replies to your question. My suggestion is to go to www.ellisisland.org/default.asp and follow the instructions. You will have to join but there is no cost, so as I said, follow the instructions.
                          Bob

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 13 8:56 PM
                              Hi Karen

                              An excellent way to search the Ellis Island database is to use Dr. Steve
                              Morse's One-Step Ellis Island Search Engines (White, Gray, or Blue Forms) at the
                              following website address:

                              _www.stevemorse.org_ (http://www.stevemorse.org)

                              I highly recommend it, as it is search tool (similar to GOOGLE) that mines
                              the Ellis Island database. I found my grandfather's Ellis Island information
                              through Steve Morse's One-Step Ellis Island Search Engine after trying for
                              more than a year on the regular Ellis Island database. The name had been
                              misspelled in the database. The One-Step Ellis Island Search Engines allows
                              searching by partial name (at least first three letters of surname), and one can
                              search by year(s) of arrival between, age at arrival between, year of birth
                              between, ship name, town name, and ethnicity. It is a great and awesome
                              resource, especially if one has trouble finding one's relatives through the regular
                              Ellis Island database.

                              Best regards,

                              David

                            • Karen C

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 14 5:09 PM
                                  I am sure you will get many replies to your question. My suggestion is to go to www.ellisiland.com and follow the instructions. You will have to join but there is no cost, so as I said, follow the instructions.
                                  Bob