Re: [S-R] looking for Szt. Hindszant

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2006
      Hi June,

      I think you mean MINDSZENT which literally means "All Saints" in Hungarian.
      There are four places by that exact name, one is in Slovakia, one is in
      Romania, and two are in Hungary (one in Pest County and one in Csongrad County).
      If you look up MINDSZENT on the FUZZY GAZETTEER at the following website
      address, you will find the exact latitude and longitude coordinates:

      _http://tomcat-dmaweb1.jrc.it/fuzzyg/query/_
      (http://tomcat-dmaweb1.jrc.it/fuzzyg/query/)

      I would also recommend that you GOOGLE the word MINDSZENT to find out more
      information about the various places, as there may also be some other places
      with MINDSZENT as part of its name.

      I hope this helps.

      Best regards,

      David

    • June McKee
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006
        David, I would think that it may have been mispelled but it was also noted on another person on the same ship as last place of residence. It is very clear and spaced as I did, so I dont know. I will take a look at the site anyways.
        Thanks for your help. If you get anymore ideas please let me know because I am stumped.