Re: [S-R] Profession name

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2006
      Dear Janet,
      polnohospodarsky = farming, pertaining to a farm, agricultural, etc., adjective
      farm = hospodarstvo
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
        This is a farm hand, someone who helps out on a farm.

        Joe

        What I have always thought was the place of origin of my great
        grandfather
        in my grandfather's "Rodny List", it seems to be a profession. Does
        anybody
        know what does "haspodarsky sluha" and "polnohaspodarsky sluha" stand
        for?

        Will appreciate your help as always,
        Warmest regards,
        Maria Eugenia
      • María Eugenia Kromholc
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
          Thanks a lot to everyone who took their time in ligthening me.
          So he was an employee in a farm or the translation might also consider he
          owned that farm?

          Kisses to all,
          Maria Eugenia

          --
          María Eugenia Kromholc
          Periodista

        • Vladimir Bohinc
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
            Dear Maria Eugenia,
            You can not squeeze water out of a dry stone.
            Sluha is a servant and servants never owned a farm. In those times it was said that the only thing they owned was their own body.
            Vladimir

            --
            María Eugenia Kromholc
            Periodista