Re: [S-R] Hungary map

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16 6:40 AM
      Hello Matt,
      Here is a little orientation.

      There is a nice map that shows the old counties of Hungary, overlaid on
      the present-day map of Slovakia here:
      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/Documents/Slovakia_Hungary_Counties.jpg

      A 1910 map of Hungary with the original counties can be found here:
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/vmlista.htm (scroll to page bottom.)
      Compare the aforementioned and you will see where the counties fit, in
      what was called "Upper Hungary."

      Bohemia, Moravia were always part of Austria. The province of Galicia
      (now Southern Poland and a snitch of lands eastward was also part of
      Galicia.

      This map: http://parizs.tripod.com/trianon/trianonterkep.html
      shows how Hungary was broken apart after WWI through the Treaty of
      Trianon. It shows the successor nations. Of course this was only valid
      until WWII, however, the form "generally" held (the exceptions were
      "relatively small.") even after the war.

      Does this help?

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com