Re: [S-R] History of Crastne, Slovakia (near Vajkovce) and elevators....

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2006
      Hi Andy, Thanks for the read! I read the history, it was interesting,
      rather typical.

      The communist-era flat pictures were intriguing. I was in many, and none
      ever looked as nice as what you found. You found the luxo-box! You
      commented there was no inside elevator door. Boy, in the elevators I was
      in, there were no interior walls either - just a handrail and a grate
      below. In once case, five people wouldn't fit into the elevator, we had
      to make 2 trips. Guess it keeps down the amount of groceries you can
      bring home. In another case, on a 12-floor flat, (we had to go to 11) the
      only building elevator (why do you need more than one) was broken down
      (weekly). It was ninety degrees F, I declined to take the stairs with my
      50-lb suitcase. We waited 3 hours, it started working again, for a while.
      :)

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com