Re: New birth town

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
      >>> the new name of Garamolaszka and it seems to be Valask√°, some
      miles to the north of Kokava nad Rimavicou (where my grandfather was
      born), near Brezno. I have looked up in the old maps and found an
      Olaska in Zolyom megye, that seems to be it. <<<

      1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
      The old Hungarian map can be found at:
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/zolyom.jpg

      In the upper right corner, find Breznobanya and head west ONE village.
      There you are!

      CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get
      a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
      likely find in church records.

      Good luck.