Cemetery-PHOTOS- Starina, Ruske, Velka Polana and Kolonica

  • genealogyslovakia
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 10, 2006
      I made a trip last week and I added photos of cemetery and of the near
      country above villages.
      see on my website:
      http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-starina.htm
      http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-ruske.htm
      http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-velkapolana.htm
      http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-kolonica.htm

      I hope you - Bill T. - I would like to re-connect our web-sites.

      Juraj Cisarik
      Kosice
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 17, 2006
        Hello Juraj,

        You have done a marvelous deed, Juraj! To go to these abandoned village
        sites and take some photographs, especially of the remaining forms -
        especially cemeteries, will be important to descendants of these village
        residents! For one, it inspired me to create a Ruske village page, among
        others.

        I have encountered several folks who have ancestors from these villages. As
        disappointing as it is to find their villages gone, to find some remainder
        of life before seems almost spiritual.

        I'll be adding links to these village cemetery pages; I hope to update my
        village pages in the next couple of months. I'll be on holiday the next
        week, hoping to get some quality writing time in. Thanks again.

        Bill

        I made a trip last week and I added photos of cemetery and of the near
        country above villages.
        see on my website:
        http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-starina.htm
        http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-ruske.htm
        http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-velkapolana.htm
        http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-kolonica.htm

        I hope you - Bill T. - I would like to re-connect our web-sites.

        Juraj Cisarik
        Kosice

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 17, 2006
          Bill, I'll compile a fresh list for you and Helene
          Cincebeaux of my grandmother's village (Brezina)
          (south east of Kosice, south west of Trebisov) -- I
          took a bunch of photos in the cemetery -- and in
          another ancestral village of some traveling companions
          (Stebnick) (north west of Bardejov).

          I love Juraj's site -- so he's welcome to add my data
          to his as well.

          Caye

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Debra Strezenec
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 27, 2006
            Hello!

            WHere would graves of those from these villages be located?

            C'uklasovce and Mala Hradna are tiny villages west of Banovce nad
            Bebravou and southeast of Trencin.

            Thanks!
            Deb Strezenec

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 27, 2006
              At the Slovak website for City and Town Statistics the village of Velke Drzkovce is listed as the place for birth register for Mala Hradna. It could be the where the nearest church and cemetry are. For some unknown reason Cuklasovce is not even listed.
              Michael Mojher
              WHere would graves of those from these villages be located?

              C'uklasovce and Mala Hradna are tiny villages west of Banovce nad
              Bebravou and southeast of Trencin.

              Thanks!
              Deb Strezenec

              Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
              Bill, I'll compile a fresh list for you and Helene
              Cincebeaux of my grandmother's village (Brezina)
              (south east of Kosice, south west of Trebisov) -- I
              took a bunch of photos in the cemetery -- and in
              another ancestral village of some traveling companions
              (Stebnick) (north west of Bardejov).

              I love Juraj's site -- so he's welcome to add my data
              to his as well.

              Caye

              > Hello Juraj,
              >
              > You have done a marvelous deed, Juraj! To go to
              > these abandoned village
              > sites and take some photographs, especially of the
              > remaining forms -
              > especially cemeteries, will be important to
              > descendants of these village
              > residents! For one, it inspired me to create a
              > Ruske village page, among
              > others.
              >
              > I have encountered several folks who have ancestors
              > from these villages. As
              > disappointing as it is to find their villages gone,
              > to find some remainder
              > of life before seems almost spiritual.
              >
              > I'll be adding links to these village cemetery
              > pages; I hope to update my
              > village pages in the next couple of months. I'll be
              > on holiday the next
              > week, hoping to get some quality writing time in.
              > Thanks again.
              >

              > Bill

            • María Eugenia Kromholc
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                Hi Michael, which is the site you are refering to?
                I would like to take a look at it.
                Thanks,
                Maria Eugenia

                On 8/27/06, Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...> wrote:

                > At the Slovak website for City and Town Statistics the village of Velke
                > Drzkovce is listed as the place for birth register for Mala Hradna. It could
                > be the where the nearest church and cemetry are. For some unknown reason
                > Cuklasovce is not even listed.
                > Michael Mojher

                María Eugenia Kromholc
                Periodista
                Comunicación y Prensa
                www.mediosmas.blogspot.com

              • Carl Kotlarchik
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                  Hi Maria,
                  I'm not sure what site Michael is using but here is a site that I
                  find useful for information on villages in Slovakia.

                  http://www.statistics.sk/mosmis/eng/run.html

                  with regards,
                  Carl

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "María Eugenia Kromholc"
                  <mariuk@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Michael, which is the site you are refering to?
                  > I would like to take a look at it.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Maria Eugenia
                  >
                  > On 8/27/06, Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > At the Slovak website for City and Town Statistics the
                  village of Velke
                  > > Drzkovce is listed as the place for birth register for Mala
                  Hradna. It could
                  > > be the where the nearest church and cemetry are. For some
                  unknown reason
                  > > Cuklasovce is not even listed.
                  > > Michael Mojher

                • Debra Strezenec
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                    Michael:

                    Thanks for the information and direction. I was under the impression that C'uklasovce was a larger town than Mala Hradna -- now I will need to redirect my search. Is it strange that a town would not be listed? Maybe due to its small size?

                    Deb

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                      Here is where the church records would be found for each village:
                      Cuklasovce (Velke Drzkovce) - Rom Cath - Banovce nad Bebrovaou, Mala Hradna
                      Mala Hradna - Has its own RC church (mapy.atlas.sk shows a church building
                      extant). Rom Cath - Banovce nad Bebrovaou, Evangelical - Horne Ozorovce.

                      Allow me a generalization: Almost every Christian cemetery I have seen in
                      SK has been physically attached as part of a church building grounds.
                      Sometimes of course, a church building is taken down and the cemetery
                      remains of course. So I would look first at Velke Drzkovce. However,
                      since this was 5KM away from Cuklasovce, so I would think there might be a
                      local church.

                      --
                      Bill Tarkulich
                      http://www.iabsi.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                        C'uklasovce had a population of 198 in 1910, 292 in 1940 and 314 in 1970.
                        It is barely large enough to support a church. I also see no reference to
                        a church in the village.

                        Mala Hradna population of 302 in 1900, 418 1921, 574 in 1940, 665 in 1970.
                        I had a church first established in 13th century, the current baroque
                        building was constructed in the 18th century, restored in 1894.

                        I can send you the source of this info, the obce/ village pages (in
                        Slovak) privately; you just say the word. They are in Slovak.

                        Bill

                        --
                        Bill Tarkulich
                        http://www.iabsi.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 28, 2006
                          Thank you for the clairfication. I will keep an open mind while searching.

                          --
                          Bill Tarkulich
                          http://www.iabsi.com