RE: [S-R] Re: Place Names - Modern versus old

  • Frank R. Plichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2006
      OK, so what happens when your grand-kids pick up the geneaology habit 50
      years from now and the place names have changed again?

      They will not have learned anything about history and they won't be able to
      find the place names on modern maps. So they go back and do all of the
      research over again for them selves to find out why Grand-Pa made so many
      mistakes.

      What will they think then?

      It pays to stay true to history and tell it the way that it really was when
      it happened. Otherwise the entire future will be confused.

      Frank Plichta
      Galax, Virginia