Cirbes / Czirbesz

  • gkthur
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      I am researching my great grandfather's family history. His name was
      Daniel Cirbes. His father and mother were Daniel & Maria. He was
      born in 1863 and immigrated to Canada in 1882. He most likely came
      from Hungary. Although I do not know exactly from where, I have found
      a few other families from Gomor, Hungary (Germer, Slovakia.

      Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

      Also, re: names - Is there a hungarian varian of Daniel which I should
      include in my searches?

      Thanks to one and all.

      Kevin
    • gkthur