Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Drobnak

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Madrobnak@a... wrote:
      > Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new
      address. He must
      > have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
      > I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
      > Mary Anne

      The church located at Markovce (Sv) and east of Trebis^ov in
      eastern Slovakia was Greek Catholic.
      G.C. Parish church records (1827-1913)

      Would check surnames the Drobnyak and Babinchak as was indicated
      earlier in list.

      However, the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) and Calvanist
      parish church records (1761-1896) for Markovce are at Malc^ice.

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists Drobnak as Drobn^ak
      under Bratislava and Drobn^ák under Trebis^ov.

      The surname Babinchak is spelled Babinc^ák (diacritic letter
      c^ =ch) under Bratislava.