Re: [S-R] Re: Chmelov Saris and Tisza

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 8:45 AM
      My apology, I meant ancestor, and the Dvorszak Gazateer records for Komlos
      and Konlos-Keresztes both indicate AG records are in Tisza, and I believe
      that is in Hungary, and Family search gives over 25 references to Tisza
      Hungary. John may have given me the answer I needed. Thank You

      On 8/1/06, johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

      > Komlos or Komlos-Keresztes from the Dvorszak Gazateer, but where is
      > Tisza where AG records are indicated? <<<
      >
      > LDS has Evangelical church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
      > deaths for Chmelov, Slovakia, formerly Komlós-Keresztes, Sáros,
      > Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Babie and Radvanovce, Slovakia,
      > formerly Babafalva and Radvány, Sáros, Hungary.
      >
      > What is the Tisza connection? Thru marriage? There are no instances of
      > Tisza in Saros Megye = county but there is Matiszova. There are many
      > instances of villages with Tosza as part of the village name. You can
      > search the village list at www.iabsi.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Carl Kotlarchik
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 11:40 AM
        Tom,
        I believe the word "tisza" indicates that the church is the main one
        in that diocese or region. I don't think it is a village name. If you
        look at the other records on the surrounding pages, you will find that
        word next to other churches in other areas. Anyway, that is what I
        sort of remember. Since the Dvorszak Gazateer is no longer on-line, I
        can't check for myself.
        Carl

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1 11:45 AM
          Carl,

          Thanks, I have seen that a lot. I managed to save 5 pages of the
          Dvorszak Gazateer from Saris, where most of my ancestors came from. It will
          only help with what I've saved. Tom