Chmelov Saris and Tisza

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      I have a relative from Chmelov, Saris and I believe this would be
      Komlos or Komlos-Keresztes from the Dvorszak Gazateer, but where is
      Tisza where AG records are indicated?
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        Tom, it is hard to understand your question. Where do you see a reference to
        Tisza? Can we assume you have located the Evangelical records for Chmelov?

        Janet

        _____

        I have a relative from Chmelov, Saris and I believe this would be
        Komlos or Komlos-Keresztes from the Dvorszak Gazateer, but where is
        Tisza where AG records are indicated?

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          >>> I have a relative from Chmelov, Saris and I believe this would be
          Komlos or Komlos-Keresztes from the Dvorszak Gazateer, but where is
          Tisza where AG records are indicated? <<<

          LDS has Evangelical church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
          deaths for Chmelov, Slovakia, formerly Komlós-Keresztes, Sáros,
          Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Babie and Radvanovce, Slovakia,
          formerly Babafalva and Radvány, Sáros, Hungary.

          What is the Tisza connection? Thru marriage? There are no instances of
          Tisza in Saros Megye = county but there is Matiszova. There are many
          instances of villages with Tosza as part of the village name. You can
          search the village list at www.iabsi.com
        • Tom Potsko
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            My apology, I meant ancestor, and the Dvorszak Gazateer records for Komlos
            and Konlos-Keresztes both indicate AG records are in Tisza, and I believe
            that is in Hungary, and Family search gives over 25 references to Tisza
            Hungary. John may have given me the answer I needed. Thank You

            On 8/1/06, johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

            > Komlos or Komlos-Keresztes from the Dvorszak Gazateer, but where is
            > Tisza where AG records are indicated? <<<
            >
            > LDS has Evangelical church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
            > deaths for Chmelov, Slovakia, formerly Komlós-Keresztes, Sáros,
            > Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Babie and Radvanovce, Slovakia,
            > formerly Babafalva and Radvány, Sáros, Hungary.
            >
            > What is the Tisza connection? Thru marriage? There are no instances of
            > Tisza in Saros Megye = county but there is Matiszova. There are many
            > instances of villages with Tosza as part of the village name. You can
            > search the village list at www.iabsi.com

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Carl Kotlarchik
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
              Tom,
              I believe the word "tisza" indicates that the church is the main one
              in that diocese or region. I don't think it is a village name. If you
              look at the other records on the surrounding pages, you will find that
              word next to other churches in other areas. Anyway, that is what I
              sort of remember. Since the Dvorszak Gazateer is no longer on-line, I
              can't check for myself.
              Carl

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
                Carl,

                Thanks, I have seen that a lot. I managed to save 5 pages of the
                Dvorszak Gazateer from Saris, where most of my ancestors came from. It will
                only help with what I've saved. Tom