Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Drobnak

  • Madrobnak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2000
      Yes, I sure would like to contact her.
      I was just able to open an e-mail message from a Roman Drobnak whose family
      believes they are related to my ancestor. He will use his vacation this
      summer to research the family. Maybe your friend could help me get his new
      address. I tried to reply to his message but it came back. His address was:
      koudak@....

      I really would appreciate her help in locating him. He lives in Bratislava.
      Thx,
      Mary Anne Drobnak
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2000
        Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new address. He must
        have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
        I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
        Mary Anne
      • Frank Kurchina
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2000
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Madrobnak@a... wrote:
          > Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new
          address. He must
          > have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
          > I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
          > Mary Anne

          The church located at Markovce (Sv) and east of Trebis^ov in
          eastern Slovakia was Greek Catholic.
          G.C. Parish church records (1827-1913)

          Would check surnames the Drobnyak and Babinchak as was indicated
          earlier in list.

          However, the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) and Calvanist
          parish church records (1761-1896) for Markovce are at Malc^ice.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists Drobnak as Drobn^ak
          under Bratislava and Drobn^ák under Trebis^ov.

          The surname Babinchak is spelled Babinc^ák (diacritic letter
          c^ =ch) under Bratislava.