RE: [S-R] Re: KOSTELNIK SEARCH

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2006
      Here a shortcut to the same address:
      http://iabsi.com

      Bill

      -----Original Message-----
      From: johnqadam [mailto:johnqadam@...]
      Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 5:37 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Re: KOSTELNIK SEARCH

      >>> I am trying to research my family history.... <<<

      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
      site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

      >>> Is Kostelnik a common name in Slovakia? <<<
      98 phone listings. There are TWO listings in Tulc'ik. This may not
      be a coincidence.

      >>> My great grandfather's name was George Kostelnik - born in
      Bethlehem, PA Oct. 15, 1888 (His father was also George Kostelnik -
      born about 1863 in Austria/Slovakia...immigrated to U.S. in 1881),

      CENTER (FHC)
      www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
      (zomreli).

      >>> and he married Suzie Yusko (Jusko), who I'm told was from
      Tulcik, Slovakia..... <<<

      LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
      deaths for Tulc'ík, Slovakia; formerly Töltszék, Sáros, Hungary.

      Krstení 1749-1752 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794057 Item 5 ]

      Krstení 1753-1787 Birmovaní 1749 Sobášení 1746-1849 Zomrelí 1746-
      1816 Krstení 1788-1835 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794058 ]

      Krstení 1835-1896 Sobášení 1850-1897 Zomrelí 1816-1895 . DRUHOPISÝ:
      Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1860 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794059 ]

      Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1862-1867 Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1869-
      1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794060 Item 1 ]

      LDS also has the VERY informative 1869 Hungarian Census for Tulc'ik.
      Töltszék (Tulc'ík) FHL INTL Film 2190012 Item 8

      Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
      to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
      film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
      research.

      TRANSLATION OF CHURCH RECORDS
      translations.

      For a Hungarian translation guide which you can download -
      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/frameset_rg.asp?
      Dest=G1&Aid=&Gid=&Lid=&Sid=&Did=&Juris1=&Event=&Year=&Gloss=&Sub=&Tab
      =&Entry=&Guide=WLHungarian.ASP

      1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
      The old Hungarian map can be found at:
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

      Look in the pink area, mid map. Follow the road northeast out of
      Eperjes (= Presov) to Toltszek. That's your village.

      CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
      get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you
      will likely find in church records.

      Goog luck.

      Yahoo! Groups Links