Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Drobnak

  • Madrobnak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 4:02 PM
      Thx, Mary Anne
      I am going to the LDS center Wednesday and try again.
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 4:15 PM
        Yes, I sure would like to contact her.
        I was just able to open an e-mail message from a Roman Drobnak whose family
        believes they are related to my ancestor. He will use his vacation this
        summer to research the family. Maybe your friend could help me get his new
        address. I tried to reply to his message but it came back. His address was:
        koudak@....

        I really would appreciate her help in locating him. He lives in Bratislava.
        Thx,
        Mary Anne Drobnak
      • Madrobnak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 4:46 PM
          Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new address. He must
          have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
          I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
          Mary Anne
        • Frank Kurchina
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16 2:28 AM
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Madrobnak@a... wrote:
            > Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new
            address. He must
            > have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
            > I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
            > Mary Anne

            The church located at Markovce (Sv) and east of Trebis^ov in
            eastern Slovakia was Greek Catholic.
            G.C. Parish church records (1827-1913)

            Would check surnames the Drobnyak and Babinchak as was indicated
            earlier in list.

            However, the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) and Calvanist
            parish church records (1761-1896) for Markovce are at Malc^ice.

            The Slovakia telephone directory lists Drobnak as Drobn^ak
            under Bratislava and Drobn^ák under Trebis^ov.

            The surname Babinchak is spelled Babinc^ák (diacritic letter
            c^ =ch) under Bratislava.