KOSTELNIK SEARCH

  • jpkostelnik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2006
      I am trying to research my family history....

      Is Kostelnik a common name in Slovakia?

      My great grandfather's name was George Kostelnik - born in Bethlehem,
      PA Oct. 15, 1888 (His father was also George Kostelnik - born about
      1863 in Austria/Slovakia...immigrated to U.S. in 1881), and he married
      Suzie Yusko (Jusko), who I'm told was from Tulcik, Slovakia.....

      Any info related to Kostelnik, Yusko, Tulcik....would be greatly
      appreciated...
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2006
        Both Kostelnik and Jusko names are still found in Tulcik today. Check them
        out at http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/?co=st_zoznam_en. Country-wide, there are
        61 Kocelniks listed and 152 Juskos.

        Janet

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2006
          >>> I am trying to research my family history.... <<<

          BASIC RESEARCH HELP
          For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
          site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

          >>> Is Kostelnik a common name in Slovakia? <<<
          98 phone listings. There are TWO listings in Tulc'ik. This may not
          be a coincidence.

          >>> My great grandfather's name was George Kostelnik - born in
          Bethlehem, PA Oct. 15, 1888 (His father was also George Kostelnik -
          born about 1863 in Austria/Slovakia...immigrated to U.S. in 1881),

          CENTER (FHC)
          www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
          (zomreli).

          >>> and he married Suzie Yusko (Jusko), who I'm told was from
          Tulcik, Slovakia..... <<<

          LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
          deaths for Tulc'ík, Slovakia; formerly Töltszék, Sáros, Hungary.

          Krstení 1749-1752 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794057 Item 5 ]

          Krstení 1753-1787 Birmovaní 1749 Sobášení 1746-1849 Zomrelí 1746-
          1816 Krstení 1788-1835 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794058 ]

          Krstení 1835-1896 Sobášení 1850-1897 Zomrelí 1816-1895 . DRUHOPISÝ:
          Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1860 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794059 ]

          Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1862-1867 Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1869-
          1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794060 Item 1 ]

          LDS also has the VERY informative 1869 Hungarian Census for Tulc'ik.
          Töltszék (Tulc'ík) FHL INTL Film 2190012 Item 8

          Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
          to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
          film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
          research.

          TRANSLATION OF CHURCH RECORDS
          translations.

          For a Hungarian translation guide which you can download –
          http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/frameset_rg.asp?
          Dest=G1&Aid=&Gid=&Lid=&Sid=&Did=&Juris1=&Event=&Year=&Gloss=&Sub=&Tab
          =&Entry=&Guide=WLHungarian.ASP

          1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
          The old Hungarian map can be found at:
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

          Look in the pink area, mid map. Follow the road northeast out of
          Eperjes (= Presov) to Toltszek. That's your village.

          CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
          get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you
          will likely find in church records.

          Goog luck.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2006
            Here a shortcut to the same address:
            http://iabsi.com

            Bill

            >>> I am trying to research my family history.... <<<

            BASIC RESEARCH HELP
            For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
            site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

            >>> Is Kostelnik a common name in Slovakia? <<<
            98 phone listings. There are TWO listings in Tulc'ik. This may not
            be a coincidence.

            >>> My great grandfather's name was George Kostelnik - born in
            Bethlehem, PA Oct. 15, 1888 (His father was also George Kostelnik -
            born about 1863 in Austria/Slovakia...immigrated to U.S. in 1881),

            CENTER (FHC)
            www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
            (zomreli).

            >>> and he married Suzie Yusko (Jusko), who I'm told was from
            Tulcik, Slovakia..... <<<

            LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
            deaths for Tulc'ík, Slovakia; formerly Töltszék, Sáros, Hungary.

            Krstení 1749-1752 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794057 Item 5 ]

            Krstení 1753-1787 Birmovaní 1749 Sobášení 1746-1849 Zomrelí 1746-
            1816 Krstení 1788-1835 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794058 ]

            Krstení 1835-1896 Sobášení 1850-1897 Zomrelí 1816-1895 . DRUHOPISÝ:
            Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1860 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794059 ]

            Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1862-1867 Krstení, sobášení, zomrelí 1869-
            1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1794060 Item 1 ]

            LDS also has the VERY informative 1869 Hungarian Census for Tulc'ik.
            Töltszék (Tulc'ík) FHL INTL Film 2190012 Item 8

            Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
            to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
            film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
            research.

            TRANSLATION OF CHURCH RECORDS
            translations.

            For a Hungarian translation guide which you can download -
            http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/frameset_rg.asp?
            Dest=G1&Aid=&Gid=&Lid=&Sid=&Did=&Juris1=&Event=&Year=&Gloss=&Sub=&Tab
            =&Entry=&Guide=WLHungarian.ASP

            1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
            The old Hungarian map can be found at:
            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

            Look in the pink area, mid map. Follow the road northeast out of
            Eperjes (= Presov) to Toltszek. That's your village.

            CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
            get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you
            will likely find in church records.

            Goog luck.

            Yahoo! Groups Links