Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [S-R] Writing to the FHL to bump up priorities...

Expand Messages
  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    As they do it for free (the reel rental fee can barely cover costs), how about we, as Forum, collect a sum as appreciation and for further
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
      As they do it for free (the reel rental fee can barely cover costs),
      how about we, as Forum, collect a sum as appreciation and for further
      microfilming/cataloging of sources from Slovakia. Such a donation
      would show the church librarians that we are willing to put our money
      where our mouth is, and appreciate their work.

      Thomas


      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Karen C <karens_roots@...>
      Date: Monday, July 10, 2006 11:55 am
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Writing to the FHL to bump up priorities...
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

      > You may have an answer to this one question that might get me on
      > the right road. My husband's great grandmother Julia Rabat (sp
      > from marriage cert) is said to have worked for the Austria
      > Hungarian Empire. Would that narrow down the location where she
      > lived?
      > Karen Chupko
      >
      > Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
      >
      > Thank you all for writing to the FHL. We may have made a little
      > progressalready:
      >
      > "I know it's not at the top of their priority list (US, Britain,
      Latin
      > America are), but things have been changing around here a bit. Things
      > have actually been changing to include more of the world again,
      > and I'm
      > really pushing for these Slavic areas ... Our new missionary ...
      > is from
      > Eastern Germany. He is extremely bright. ... His native language is
      > Serbian, which really gives him an advantage with Slovak. He does
      > German,Czech, and Slovak genealogical research, so this is really
      > quite an
      > advantage. He has no problem with the writing or languages, and is
      > verydetail-oriented. I'm really confident that this guy is going
      > to do some
      > real good. He is going to be here for two years."
      >
      > If you have not written, please do so. See here:
      > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_update_july_2006_note.htm
      >
      > We have a wee bit of momentum here and should not waste it!
      >
      > Thanks again.
      >
      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and
      > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >
      > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------
      > ~-->
      > Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email
      > design.http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM
      > -------------------------------------------------------------------
      > -~->
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank
      > email to SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • Karen C
      Appreciate the help anyways. KC Bill Tarkulich wrote: No, this doesn t help you much. It only narrows you down to Slovenia, Austria,
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
        Appreciate the help anyways.

        KC

        Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
        No, this doesn't help you much. It only narrows you down to Slovenia,
        Austria, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Balkan nations, and so
        on...

        Bill

        On Mon, July 10, 2006 11:35 am, Karen C said:
        > You may have an answer to this one question that might get me on the right
        > road. My husband's great grandmother Julia Rabat (sp from marriage cert)
        > is said to have worked for the Austria Hungarian Empire. Would that
        > narrow down the location where she lived?
        >
        > Karen Chupko
        >
        > Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
        >
        > Thank you all for writing to the FHL. We may have made a little progress
        > already:
        >
        > "I know it's not at the top of their priority list (US, Britain, Latin
        > America are), but things have been changing around here a bit. Things
        > have actually been changing to include more of the world again, and I'm
        > really pushing for these Slavic areas ... Our new missionary ... is from
        > Eastern Germany. He is extremely bright. ... His native language is
        > Serbian, which really gives him an advantage with Slovak. He does German,
        > Czech, and Slovak genealogical research, so this is really quite an
        > advantage. He has no problem with the writing or languages, and is very
        > detail-oriented. I'm really confident that this guy is going to do some
        > real good. He is going to be here for two years."
        >
        > If you have not written, please do so. See here:
        > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_update_july_2006_note.htm
        >
        > We have a wee bit of momentum here and should not waste it!
        >
        > Thanks again.
        >
        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
        > countries) for 2¢/min or less.
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email to
        > SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com






        ---------------------------------
        Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Bill Tarkulich
        You might begin to narrow it down if you knew her religion and her spoken language. Bill ... From: Karen C [mailto:karens_roots@yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, July
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
          You might begin to narrow it down if you knew her religion and her spoken
          language.


          Bill


          -----Original Message-----
          From: Karen C [mailto:karens_roots@...]
          Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:20 PM
          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [S-R] worked for the Austria Hungarian Empire

          Appreciate the help anyways.

          KC

          Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
          No, this doesn't help you much. It only narrows you down to
          Slovenia,
          Austria, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Balkan nations, and so
          on...

          Bill

          On Mon, July 10, 2006 11:35 am, Karen C said:
          > You may have an answer to this one question that might get me on the right
          > road. My husband's great grandmother Julia Rabat (sp from marriage cert)
          > is said to have worked for the Austria Hungarian Empire. Would that
          > narrow down the location where she lived?
          >
          > Karen Chupko
          >
          > Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
          >
          > Thank you all for writing to the FHL. We may have made a little progress
          > already:
          >
          > "I know it's not at the top of their priority list (US, Britain, Latin
          > America are), but things have been changing around here a bit. Things
          > have actually been changing to include more of the world again, and I'm
          > really pushing for these Slavic areas ... Our new missionary ... is from
          > Eastern Germany. He is extremely bright. ... His native language is
          > Serbian, which really gives him an advantage with Slovak. He does German,
          > Czech, and Slovak genealogical research, so this is really quite an
          > advantage. He has no problem with the writing or languages, and is very
          > detail-oriented. I'm really confident that this guy is going to do some
          > real good. He is going to be here for two years."
          >
          > If you have not written, please do so. See here:
          > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_update_july_2006_note.htm
          >
          > We have a wee bit of momentum here and should not waste it!
          >
          > Thanks again.
          >
          > --
          > Bill Tarkulich
          > http://www.iabsi.com
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
          > countries) for 2¢/min or less.
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
          > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email to
          > SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com






          ---------------------------------
          Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
          countries) for 2¢/min or less.

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




          To unsubscribe from this group, go to
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email to
          SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • nhasior@aol.com
          It would be interesting to see how they respond to a group donation. i recall once i was paying for rental of a film at the local FHL and tried to donate a
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
            It would be interesting to see how they respond to a group donation. i
            recall once i was paying for rental of a film at the local FHL and tried to donate
            a few extra dollars, that they refused. it could have been just a local
            policy.
            i agree that the rental is very minimal. it is a good idea to make a
            donation from a Slovak group. i like the idea and would hope that they accept it.
            Noreen


            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.