Re: [S-R] Writing to the FHL to bump up priorities...

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
      As they do it for free (the reel rental fee can barely cover costs),
      how about we, as Forum, collect a sum as appreciation and for further
      microfilming/cataloging of sources from Slovakia. Such a donation
      would show the church librarians that we are willing to put our money
      where our mouth is, and appreciate their work.

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
        No, this doesn't help you much. It only narrows you down to Slovenia,
        Austria, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Balkan nations, and so
        on...

        Bill

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
          Appreciate the help anyways.

          KC

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 10, 2006
            You might begin to narrow it down if you knew her religion and her spoken
            language.

            Bill

            --
            Bill Tarkulich
            http://www.iabsi.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • nhasior@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
              It would be interesting to see how they respond to a group donation. i
              recall once i was paying for rental of a film at the local FHL and tried to donate
              a few extra dollars, that they refused. it could have been just a local
              policy.
              i agree that the rental is very minimal. it is a good idea to make a
              donation from a Slovak group. i like the idea and would hope that they accept it.
              Noreen