Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Drobnak

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2000
      In a message dated 5/14/0 9:21:41 PM, Madrobnak@... writes:

      << Andrew John Drobnak >>

      Have you considered Drobnyak as a possible variant?

      Helped a friend find her roots and ancestors in Markovce ZEMPLIN - would you
      like to contact her?

      Our Slovak Pride listing shows 2 variants of your Babinchak name

      Also Babinyak

      helene
    • Jim Honeychuck
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2000
        When you say that you didn't find the name on the Family History Center
        computers, that only means that nobody has turned in any research. Since
        you know the date of birth and the town (in Slovakia), if the church records
        have been microfilmed by the LDS you can get the microfilm and find the
        records yourself.

        Good luck in your search. You have a lot to go on.

        Jim Honeychuck

        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2000
          Thx, Mary Anne
          I am going to the LDS center Wednesday and try again.
        • Madrobnak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2000
            Yes, I sure would like to contact her.
            I was just able to open an e-mail message from a Roman Drobnak whose family
            believes they are related to my ancestor. He will use his vacation this
            summer to research the family. Maybe your friend could help me get his new
            address. I tried to reply to his message but it came back. His address was:
            koudak@....

            I really would appreciate her help in locating him. He lives in Bratislava.
            Thx,
            Mary Anne Drobnak
          • Madrobnak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2000
              Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new address. He must
              have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
              I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
              Mary Anne
            • Frank Kurchina
              Message 6 of 6 , May 16, 2000
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Madrobnak@a... wrote:
                > Helene, I just received mail from Roman Drobnak with his new
                address. He must
                > have been reading my mind on the other side of planet Earth.
                > I would still like to contact your friend. Thx
                > Mary Anne

                The church located at Markovce (Sv) and east of Trebis^ov in
                eastern Slovakia was Greek Catholic.
                G.C. Parish church records (1827-1913)

                Would check surnames the Drobnyak and Babinchak as was indicated
                earlier in list.

                However, the R.C. parish church records (1788-1895) and Calvanist
                parish church records (1761-1896) for Markovce are at Malc^ice.

                The Slovakia telephone directory lists Drobnak as Drobn^ak
                under Bratislava and Drobn^ák under Trebis^ov.

                The surname Babinchak is spelled Babinc^ák (diacritic letter
                c^ =ch) under Bratislava.