Re: [S-R] Translation help

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
      Thank you Laco. I'll let Deb know.

      Paula

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Laco R \(Slovak Roots\)"
      <slovakroots@...> wrote:

      > From what I can see I would say it is not in Slovak. In Slovak it
      would be "Krstny list" not "Krsni list", also icould decipher the
      word "godine" it means "hour" but not in Slovak

      > It is in Latin and a second slavic language. It is dated in 1909 -
      in this time was hungarian the official language in today Slovakia.

      > Its probably from today Slovenia or Croatia (it is written with
      Latin letters - no cyrilic)

      > laco

      was told it was Slovakian. Would anyone be so kind as to look at the
      document and if possible, translate it? I put it in the Photo
      section under Baptismal document/certificate.

      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Paula Knebler
      >
      > ps: apologies if this comes thru twice.
      >
      > Looking for Balog, Böhm/Boehm, Bondár, Duzs, Hillebrand, Holub,
      Jámbor, Juhas/Juhasz/Yuhas, Kovac, Kuhn, Molnár, Nagy,
      Répásy/Répási, Schuch, Slezák, Sojmo, Varga, Varadi, Volek/Wollek