Re: [S-R] Helpa Festival Update

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2006
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Recipes/krapne.htm

      sounds kinda good, actually.

      Caye

      --- helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

      > In case anyone can make it to Helpa Folk Festival
      > - June 23 - 25 - here is an update
      >
      > The festival opens on Fri. June 23 - with an 8 pm
      > performance in the amphitheatre
      >
      > Sat. June 24 - Helene's photo exhibit Treasures of
      > Horehronie will open at 11 am in the school on the
      > festival grounds - you are invited! They made a
      > beautiful poster!
      >
      > The traditional jarmok will be held from 10 - 6 pm
      > on Saturday featuring the villages of Hrochot,
      > Poniky and Priechod with many folk crafts from the
      > region and serving gulas and cakes. Usually this is
      > in town below the church.
      >
      > The Helpa kitchen will have gulky and krapne (not
      > sure what this is)
      >
      > The Kudelna Izba will show folk textiles and how
      > they were made
      >
      > 1 - 4 pm Folk groups from all over Slovakia will
      > perform
      >
      > 5:30 is the Parade
      >
      > 6:00 program featuring Poniky and Hrochot and
      > other programs to follow
      >
      > Sunday the jarmok or market is 10 - 5 and the
      > program begins at 1 pm
      >
      > if you go best to check a program or poster to see
      > what takes place where
      >
      > would love to see you there!
      >
      > helene
      >

      > .

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • María Eugenia Kromholc
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 10:31 PM
        Hello again, everybody. Sorry I am answering old mails just now. I was
        wondering where does the Helpa Folk Festival take place. I am really
        interesting in knowing more about the following towns: Jesenské, Kokava nad
        Rimavicou, Rimavska Sobota, Simonyi and Radnovce. Anyone who lives there,
        near or has any information (even looking for some relatives who were born
        there) are pretty welcome! All of my granparents family come from those
        places.
        By the way, I live in Argentina and any information you might need from
        here, or any translation into spanish you need, I will gladly do it.
        Regards,
        Maria Eugenia

        On 6/14/06, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

        > In case anyone can make it to Helpa Folk Festival - June 23 - 25 - here is
        > an update
        >
        > The festival opens on Fri. June 23 - with an 8 pm performance in the
        > amphitheatre
        >
        > Sat. June 24 - Helene's photo exhibit Treasures of Horehronie will open at
        > 11 am in the school on the festival grounds - you are invited! They made a
        > beautiful poster!
        >
        > The traditional jarmok will be held from 10 - 6 pm on Saturday featuring
        > the villages of Hrochot, Poniky and Priechod with many folk crafts from the
        > region and serving gulas and cakes. Usually this is in town below the
        > church.
        >
        > The Helpa kitchen will have gulky and krapne (not sure what this is)
        >
        > The Kudelna Izba will show folk textiles and how they were made
        >
        > 1 - 4 pm Folk groups from all over Slovakia will perform
        >
        > 5:30 is the Parade
        >
        > 6:00 program featuring Poniky and Hrochot and other programs to follow
        >
        > Sunday the jarmok or market is 10 - 5 and the program begins at 1 pm
        >
        > if you go best to check a program or poster to see what takes place where
        >
        > would love to see you there!
        >
        > helene
        >

        > .

        María Eugenia Kromholc