Re: [S-R] Re: Lincsa from Slavnica Savistra Stolica

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
      hi Chris - I have 2 listings for Bercik in the Slovak Pride data base by the same person but in a Zemplin village on the Hungarian border

      i believe it is Plavnica, Sarisske Stolica (Stolica is another name for county)

      helene

      Chris <zap_pooka@...> wrote:
      Thank you, Susan, for posting the information. To everyone else who
      answered, I'm the contact she spoke of. My paternal grandparents
      were, according to a very old handwritten journal, from Slavnica
      Savistra Stolica. I'm not sure of which family member wrote it nor
      of its accuracy. It's in the possession of my cousin in Albany, New
      York. My grandmother's maiden name was Bercik, from the same town,
      according to the journal. I have no further information on my
      paternal ancestors before them. They arrived in the USA in the late
      1800's and settled in New Britain,Connecticut. Surprisingly, they
      took (or were given) the same last name as Susan's family, Lynch.

      So, I take it that "Slavnica" or "Stolnica" from the journal is more
      likely to be Plavnica? Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks so much for everything so far!

      Chris

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
      <barclaypenn@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to you and Helene for your help.
      >
      > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a
      contact from someone with a grandfather
      > Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
      > Stolica."<<<
      >
      > I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
      > information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed
      > say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica,
      Slovakia;