Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Index cards

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2000
      Whatever these dates are, they could only be something that is available
      on the manifest.... and birthdate is not on the manifest.

      Departure date is given at the beginning of each manifest, and so that
      is a good guess especially if some have the port name in front of them.

      There are other things they could be... also given on manifest are dates
      of death if the person died at sea. Less likely is if the person was an
      infant born at sea, then it -could- be a birthdate.

      TheShipsList would be the place where someone would be able to really
      answer these questions..... you can send subscribe to
      TheShipsList-L-request@... or change the L to D for digest as
      it's a very busy list with over 1700 subscribers.

    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2000
        Thanks for the suggestion, but I am already a Shipslister and this question
        stumped even them! We are on the cutting edge here at Slovak Roots.

      • Madrobnak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2000
          In a message dated 5/13/00 8:30:31 PM, sabinov@... writes:

          << TheShipsList-L-request@... >>

          Thx, Mary Anne
          I am going to read the passenger list again tomorrow. If there isn't a
          Drobnak on it I will appeal to TheShipsList.