Re: [S-R] Lincsa - Have a contact for you

  • Larry Buback
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
      You can find the Slovak pride database at Helen site; Our-Slovakia.com. Larry

      scorpioforu <beckiblair@...> wrote: Helen,
      May I ask what and where is this Slovak Pride database you are
      refering to?
      Thank you,

      Becki

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
      wrote:

      > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
      find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
      direct if you would like her contact information.

      > helene
      > helenezx@...

      Larry Buback
      lbuback@...
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
        With my roots in Plavnica and Hromos I have some Lincsa family members in my family tree. Susan Friedhaber-Hard and I have e-mailed one another on the Lincsa family. If anyone else with Lincsa family ties would like to contact me, do so at my e-mail address.
        Michael Mojher

        wrote:

        > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
        find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
        direct if you would like her contact information.

        > helene
        > helenezx@...

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
          HI BECKI -

          The Slovak Pride data base has some 24,500 listings of Slovak surnames, villages they came from and the lister's surname

          welcome your surnames and info - just e mail to me

          the data base is connected with the Slovak Heritage & Folklore Society International
          and the information has been collected over the past 15 years.

          helene

          wrote:

          > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
          find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
          direct if you would like her contact information.

          > helene
          > helenezx@...

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
            hi Chris - I have 2 listings for Bercik in the Slovak Pride data base by the same person but in a Zemplin village on the Hungarian border

            i believe it is Plavnica, Sarisske Stolica (Stolica is another name for county)

            helene

            Chris <zap_pooka@...> wrote:
            Thank you, Susan, for posting the information. To everyone else who
            answered, I'm the contact she spoke of. My paternal grandparents
            were, according to a very old handwritten journal, from Slavnica
            Savistra Stolica. I'm not sure of which family member wrote it nor
            of its accuracy. It's in the possession of my cousin in Albany, New
            York. My grandmother's maiden name was Bercik, from the same town,
            according to the journal. I have no further information on my
            paternal ancestors before them. They arrived in the USA in the late
            1800's and settled in New Britain,Connecticut. Surprisingly, they
            took (or were given) the same last name as Susan's family, Lynch.

            So, I take it that "Slavnica" or "Stolnica" from the journal is more
            likely to be Plavnica? Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.
            Thanks so much for everything so far!

            Chris

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
            <barclaypenn@...> wrote:

            > Thanks to you and Helene for your help.
            >
            > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a
            contact from someone with a grandfather
            > Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
            > Stolica."<<<
            >
            > I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
            > information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed
            > say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica,
            Slovakia;