Re: [S-R] Re: Lincsa from Slavnica Savistra Stolica

  • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7 9:35 PM
      Thanks to you and Helene for your help.

      johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather
      Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
      Stolica."<<<

      I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
      information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed to
      say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica, Slovakia;
      formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 8 4:18 PM
        Thank you, Susan, for posting the information. To everyone else who
        answered, I'm the contact she spoke of. My paternal grandparents
        were, according to a very old handwritten journal, from Slavnica
        Savistra Stolica. I'm not sure of which family member wrote it nor
        of its accuracy. It's in the possession of my cousin in Albany, New
        York. My grandmother's maiden name was Bercik, from the same town,
        according to the journal. I have no further information on my
        paternal ancestors before them. They arrived in the USA in the late
        1800's and settled in New Britain,Connecticut. Surprisingly, they
        took (or were given) the same last name as Susan's family, Lynch.

        So, I take it that "Slavnica" or "Stolnica" from the journal is more
        likely to be Plavnica? Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks so much for everything so far!

        Chris

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
        <barclaypenn@...> wrote:

        > Thanks to you and Helene for your help.
        >
        > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a
        contact from someone with a grandfather
        > Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
        > Stolica."<<<
        >
        > I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
        > information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed
        > say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica,
        Slovakia;
        > formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.

      • scorpioforu
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 11 4:36 AM
          Helen,
          May I ask what and where is this Slovak Pride database you are
          refering to?
          Thank you,

          Becki

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
          wrote:

          > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
          find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
          direct if you would like her contact information.

          > helene
          > helenezx@...
        • Larry Buback
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 11 12:10 PM
            You can find the Slovak pride database at Helen site; Our-Slovakia.com. Larry

            scorpioforu <beckiblair@...> wrote: Helen,

            wrote:

            > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
            find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
            direct if you would like her contact information.

            > helene
            > helenezx@...

            Larry Buback
            lbuback@...
          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 11 12:24 PM
              With my roots in Plavnica and Hromos I have some Lincsa family members in my family tree. Susan Friedhaber-Hard and I have e-mailed one another on the Lincsa family. If anyone else with Lincsa family ties would like to contact me, do so at my e-mail address.
              Michael Mojher

              wrote:

              > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
              find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
              direct if you would like her contact information.

              > helene
              > helenezx@...

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 13 8:43 PM
                HI BECKI -

                The Slovak Pride data base has some 24,500 listings of Slovak surnames, villages they came from and the lister's surname

                welcome your surnames and info - just e mail to me

                the data base is connected with the Slovak Heritage & Folklore Society International
                and the information has been collected over the past 15 years.

                helene

                wrote:

                > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                direct if you would like her contact information.

                > helene
                > helenezx@...

              • helene cincebeaux
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 13 8:48 PM
                  hi Chris - I have 2 listings for Bercik in the Slovak Pride data base by the same person but in a Zemplin village on the Hungarian border

                  i believe it is Plavnica, Sarisske Stolica (Stolica is another name for county)

                  helene