Re: [S-R] Lincsa - Have a contact for you

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
      Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me direct if you would like her contact information.

      helene
      helenezx@...

      Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...> wrote:
      Hello group,

      One of my ancestral names is Lincsa. My grandmother Lincsa was born in Plavnica.
      I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra Stolica."

      Could one of you very knowledgable members tell me if there is there such a place?
      If so, where is it? It may now have a different name.

      Thank you, in advance.

      Susan Friedhaber-Hard

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
        >>> I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather
        Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
        Stolica."<<<

        I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
        information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed to
        say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica, Slovakia;
        formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.
      • Susan Friedhaber-Hard

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 8, 2006
            Thank you, Susan, for posting the information. To everyone else who
            answered, I'm the contact she spoke of. My paternal grandparents
            were, according to a very old handwritten journal, from Slavnica
            Savistra Stolica. I'm not sure of which family member wrote it nor
            of its accuracy. It's in the possession of my cousin in Albany, New
            York. My grandmother's maiden name was Bercik, from the same town,
            according to the journal. I have no further information on my
            paternal ancestors before them. They arrived in the USA in the late
            1800's and settled in New Britain,Connecticut. Surprisingly, they
            took (or were given) the same last name as Susan's family, Lynch.

            So, I take it that "Slavnica" or "Stolnica" from the journal is more
            likely to be Plavnica? Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.
            Thanks so much for everything so far!

            Chris

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
            <barclaypenn@...> wrote:

            > Thanks to you and Helene for your help.
            >
            > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a
            contact from someone with a grandfather
            > Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
            > Stolica."<<<
            >
            > I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
            > information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed
            > say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica,
            Slovakia;
            > formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.

          • scorpioforu
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
              Helen,
              May I ask what and where is this Slovak Pride database you are
              refering to?
              Thank you,

              Becki

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
              wrote:

              > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
              find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
              direct if you would like her contact information.

              > helene
              > helenezx@...
            • Larry Buback
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
                You can find the Slovak pride database at Helen site; Our-Slovakia.com. Larry

                scorpioforu <beckiblair@...> wrote: Helen,

                wrote:

                > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                direct if you would like her contact information.

                > helene
                > helenezx@...

                Larry Buback
                lbuback@...
              • Michael Mojher
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
                  With my roots in Plavnica and Hromos I have some Lincsa family members in my family tree. Susan Friedhaber-Hard and I have e-mailed one another on the Lincsa family. If anyone else with Lincsa family ties would like to contact me, do so at my e-mail address.
                  Michael Mojher

                  wrote:

                  > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                  find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                  direct if you would like her contact information.

                  > helene
                  > helenezx@...

                • helene cincebeaux
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
                    HI BECKI -

                    The Slovak Pride data base has some 24,500 listings of Slovak surnames, villages they came from and the lister's surname

                    welcome your surnames and info - just e mail to me

                    the data base is connected with the Slovak Heritage & Folklore Society International
                    and the information has been collected over the past 15 years.

                    helene

                    wrote:

                    > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                    find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                    direct if you would like her contact information.

                    > helene
                    > helenezx@...

                  • helene cincebeaux
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
                      hi Chris - I have 2 listings for Bercik in the Slovak Pride data base by the same person but in a Zemplin village on the Hungarian border

                      i believe it is Plavnica, Sarisske Stolica (Stolica is another name for county)

                      helene