Lincsa from Slavnica Savistra Stolica

  • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hello group,

      One of my ancestral names is Lincsa. My grandmother Lincsa was born in Plavnica.
      I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra Stolica."

      Could one of you very knowledgable members tell me if there is there such a place?
      If so, where is it? It may now have a different name.

      Thank you, in advance.

      Susan Friedhaber-Hard

    • helene cincebeaux

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
          Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me direct if you would like her contact information.

          helene
          helenezx@...

          Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...> wrote:
          Hello group,

          One of my ancestral names is Lincsa. My grandmother Lincsa was born in Plavnica.
          I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra Stolica."

          Could one of you very knowledgable members tell me if there is there such a place?
          If so, where is it? It may now have a different name.

          Thank you, in advance.

          Susan Friedhaber-Hard

        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
            >>> I just received a contact from someone with a grandfather
            Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
            Stolica."<<<

            I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
            information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed to
            say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica, Slovakia;
            formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.
          • Susan Friedhaber-Hard

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 8, 2006
                Thank you, Susan, for posting the information. To everyone else who
                answered, I'm the contact she spoke of. My paternal grandparents
                were, according to a very old handwritten journal, from Slavnica
                Savistra Stolica. I'm not sure of which family member wrote it nor
                of its accuracy. It's in the possession of my cousin in Albany, New
                York. My grandmother's maiden name was Bercik, from the same town,
                according to the journal. I have no further information on my
                paternal ancestors before them. They arrived in the USA in the late
                1800's and settled in New Britain,Connecticut. Surprisingly, they
                took (or were given) the same last name as Susan's family, Lynch.

                So, I take it that "Slavnica" or "Stolnica" from the journal is more
                likely to be Plavnica? Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.
                Thanks so much for everything so far!

                Chris

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
                <barclaypenn@...> wrote:

                > Thanks to you and Helene for your help.
                >
                > johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I just received a
                contact from someone with a grandfather
                > Lincsa. He says that his grandparent came from "Slavnica Savistra
                > Stolica."<<<
                >
                > I am not sure that you caught what Helene was trying to say. The
                > information you were provided had been garbled and it was supposed
                > say Plavnica, Saros Megye = Saros county, as in Plavnica,
                Slovakia;
                > formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.

              • scorpioforu
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
                  Helen,
                  May I ask what and where is this Slovak Pride database you are
                  refering to?
                  Thank you,

                  Becki

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                  find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                  direct if you would like her contact information.

                  > helene
                  > helenezx@...
                • Larry Buback
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
                    You can find the Slovak pride database at Helen site; Our-Slovakia.com. Larry

                    scorpioforu <beckiblair@...> wrote: Helen,

                    wrote:

                    > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                    find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                    direct if you would like her contact information.

                    > helene
                    > helenezx@...

                    Larry Buback
                    lbuback@...
                  • Michael Mojher
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
                      With my roots in Plavnica and Hromos I have some Lincsa family members in my family tree. Susan Friedhaber-Hard and I have e-mailed one another on the Lincsa family. If anyone else with Lincsa family ties would like to contact me, do so at my e-mail address.
                      Michael Mojher

                      wrote:

                      > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                      find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                      direct if you would like her contact information.

                      > helene
                      > helenezx@...

                    • helene cincebeaux
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
                        HI BECKI -

                        The Slovak Pride data base has some 24,500 listings of Slovak surnames, villages they came from and the lister's surname

                        welcome your surnames and info - just e mail to me

                        the data base is connected with the Slovak Heritage & Folklore Society International
                        and the information has been collected over the past 15 years.

                        helene

                        wrote:

                        > Just checked the Slvoak Pride data base and found a woman I helped
                        find her roots in Plavnica - she lists your Lincsa surname. Email me
                        direct if you would like her contact information.

                        > helene
                        > helenezx@...

                      • helene cincebeaux
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
                          hi Chris - I have 2 listings for Bercik in the Slovak Pride data base by the same person but in a Zemplin village on the Hungarian border

                          i believe it is Plavnica, Sarisske Stolica (Stolica is another name for county)

                          helene