Re: Latin Curch Record

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      > "Michaeli Simcsak filius Michaeli Simcsak ex El?Tab. Sipos col." I
      believe it says "Michael Simcsak son of Michael Simcsak from ???????".

      >>> Maria Lubanski filia Stephani Lubanski ex El.Tab. Bes'es. <<<

      The next village north is Beszter on the 1910 map at
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/abauj-t.jpg

      However, these don't look like village names. Yes, the script is in
      Latin.

      Got a scan?
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        John Vamos <jvamos@...> wrote: I am trying to determine the meaning of a word in an 1868 marriage record in the Lengyelfalva church records, as well as the place name. What I think I have determined is:

        "Michaeli Simcsak filius Michaeli Simcsak ex El?Tab. Sipos col." I believe it says "Michael Simcsak son of Michael Simcsak from ???????".

        I.
        I have been unable to find Bes'es (or variations) in the 1877 Gazetteer.

        HI JOHN

        COULD IT BE BEKESHEBA (NOT SURE OF EXACT SPELLING) IN SOUTHWESTERN HUNGARY - THERE WAS AND IS A BIG COMMUNITY OF SLOVAKS THERE. I ONCE HAD AN EXHIBIT THERE - REALLY LOVELY PEOPLE

        HELENE

        Genealogy research Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree