Re: [S-R] Photo Exhibit at Helpa Festival June 23- 25

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.

      As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
      under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
      August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here.

      Vladi

      At 02:43 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

      >Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to
      >our photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will
      >feature photos from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring
      >regions of Detva, Liptov, Spis, as well as photos throughout
      >Sklovakia that my mother and I have taken during the past 36 years.
      >
      > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
      > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras.
      > Expect the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you
      > there. (If you want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil
      > phone number - expect to have it beginning June 22).
      >
      > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna -
      > which by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not
      > ready - but it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and
      > dress are outstanding!
      >
      > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
      > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and
      > village treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and
      > sewing and telling stories; the older village men come to joke and
      > sing songs and play the accordion and the fujara and there is a
      > super booth where you can taste all the local specialties - like
      > gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and buttermilk and baked
      > goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often there are
      > craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or there
      > have been in the past.
      >
      > This takes place in a little square in the village below the
      > church. The festival is at the other end of town up on the
      > hillside.so be sure to check out the program so you don't miss
      > anything. And things do change so hope this fun part is still going
      > to be held. The festival performances begin Fri and continue
      > through Sat. and Sun.
      >
      > helene
      >

      >----------

      Vladimir Linder

      I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
      Village Photography in Slovakia.

      More information on:
      Genealogical research:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
      Ancestral Village Videos:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
      Ancestral Village Photography:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
      History of any village or town in Slovakia:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

      Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

      Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
      starts JUNE 12, 2006
      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

      Email: vlinder49@...

      Contact me for more details

      Vladimir Linder
      3804 Yale Street
      Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616