Photo Exhibit at Helpa Festival June 23- 25

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to our photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will feature photos from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring regions of Detva, Liptov, Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have taken during the past 36 years.

      The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to have it beginning June 22).

      Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are outstanding!

      One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste all the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or there have been in the past.

      This takes place in a little square in the village below the church. The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.

      helene

      Genealogy research Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.

        As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
        under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
        August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here.

        Vladi

        At 02:43 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

        >Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to
        >our photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will
        >feature photos from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring
        >regions of Detva, Liptov, Spis, as well as photos throughout
        >Sklovakia that my mother and I have taken during the past 36 years.
        >
        > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
        > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras.
        > Expect the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you
        > there. (If you want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil
        > phone number - expect to have it beginning June 22).
        >
        > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna -
        > which by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not
        > ready - but it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and
        > dress are outstanding!
        >
        > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
        > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and
        > village treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and
        > sewing and telling stories; the older village men come to joke and
        > sing songs and play the accordion and the fujara and there is a
        > super booth where you can taste all the local specialties - like
        > gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and buttermilk and baked
        > goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often there are
        > craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or there
        > have been in the past.
        >
        > This takes place in a little square in the village below the
        > church. The festival is at the other end of town up on the
        > hillside.so be sure to check out the program so you don't miss
        > anything. And things do change so hope this fun part is still going
        > to be held. The festival performances begin Fri and continue
        > through Sat. and Sun.
        >
        > helene
        >

        >----------

        Vladimir Linder

        I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
        Village Photography in Slovakia.

        More information on:
        Genealogical research:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
        Ancestral Village Videos:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
        Ancestral Village Photography:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
        History of any village or town in Slovakia:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

        Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
        starts JUNE 12, 2006
        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

        Email: vlinder49@...

        Contact me for more details

        Vladimir Linder
        3804 Yale Street
        Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616