Re: [S-R] Re: DNA

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2006
      Dear Carl,
      Yes,yes. I am not arguing about your conclusions. I just wrote about my considerations.
      I have a feeling, that people expext too much from DNA tests. In forensic it is excellent, but from the historical point of view it is more statistical.
      And, as so often in such cases, many scientists or "scientists" want to make a career with revolutionary revelations.
      I remember one such case on tv; a grave of supposed queen was found in Mongolia or there somewhere and the scientist was trying to reveal, that almost everybody was a descendant of her.
      The best I have seen so far was one research on one surname in Ireland, where they found out, that I think over 75 % of them were actually related.
      Based on my genealogical experience, I can tell the same without DNA.
      Vladimir