Re: [S-R] Re: dna project info

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 11 , May 20 6:44 PM
      Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote: In "Rocenka" Vol 7 2006 , the Journal of the Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International there is an article the Celts in Moravia and the Vestiges they left us.Celts were everywhere in this area and no wonder we have some of their genes.Looking at some faces I wonder how many Tatar genes have been found in Slovaks. Some look very similar.

      The Tatars came up the rivers in Moravia and Slovakia - the Morava in Moravia and ended up in northeastern Moravia where a Tatar princess died. My sister is a geneticist and her HLA shows she is more Oriental than Caucasian. After the Tatars - the Turks invaded and Straznice Moravia's walls were partly demolish in a raid so the story goes. My grandmother from there was quite dark and had rare curly hair. Interesting to speculate on origins.

      My sister has a rare B allel that doesn't show up in "western Europe". I don't have that one but my mother and i have one that only shows up in a tiny percentage. We learned about this by giving blood - if you give phereses 3 times they will give you half of your hla typing and you save a life every time you give.

      helene