Re: List update

  • Mccartcomm@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 1999
      I'm researching my family roots,in preparation for a trip to Budapest and
      Slovakia.

      My grandparents Jossef and Elizabeth Kurta Dudash, were born in Nadasd,
      Koschita, Hungary and my grandfather was in the personal guard of Franz
      Joseph's son Rudolph until Grandpa arrived in the U.S. in 1985. They settled
      in Arnold City Pennsylvania, where grandpa worked in the coal mines.

      My grandparents Andrew and Mary Gesloski Benjock came from Odorin, Slovakia
      to Cleveland, and settled in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania.

      These are phonetic spellings--can't find the cities on the map!

      I'm lost as to how to find relatives in the old country prior to our visit
      next spring. Any suggestions? I've gotton books from the library on where
      to write to check baptisms, etc., but is it as easy as looking up family
      names in a phone book in Budapest?

      Pleae help!
    • James A Honeychuck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 1999
        Mccartcomm@... wrote:

        > From: Mccartcomm@...
        >
        > I'm researching my family roots,in preparation for a trip to Budapest and
        > Slovakia.
        >
        > My grandparents Jossef and Elizabeth Kurta Dudash, were born in Nadasd,
        > Koschita, Hungary and my grandfather was in the personal guard of Franz
        > Joseph's son Rudolph until Grandpa arrived in the U.S. in 1985. They settled
        > in Arnold City Pennsylvania, where grandpa worked in the coal mines.
        >
        > My grandparents Andrew and Mary Gesloski Benjock came from Odorin, Slovakia
        > to Cleveland, and settled in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
        >
        > These are phonetic spellings--can't find the cities on the map!
        >
        > I'm lost as to how to find relatives in the old country prior to our visit
        > next spring. Any suggestions? I've gotton books from the library on where
        > to write to check baptisms, etc., but is it as easy as looking up family
        > names in a phone book in Budapest?
        >
        > Pleae help!

        > Campaign 2000 is here!
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.

        ODORIN 4856N 2038E Slovakia 169.6 miles ENE of Bratislava

        You can see it on a map via
        http://www.jewishgen.org/shtetlseeker/loctown.htm

        Jim Honeychuck
        Researching Hanicak, Urban, and Puhalla, Mt. Pleasant PA