Military Archives in Vienna

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2006
      Over the last several weeks, I have been trying to email the
      Military Archives in Vienna but the messages get returned
      immediately with the following error messages:

      <kapost@...>
      (reason: 550 This system is configured to reject mail from ms-
      smtp-03.nyroc.rr.com)

      <<< 550 This system is configured to reject mail from ms-smtp-
      03.nyroc.rr.com
      554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

      Has anyone ever been successful emailing the archives? Is there
      another email address for the archives other than:
      kapost@...
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2006
        The problem of email rejection is increasing in an effort on the part of
        servers to reduce spam mail. What has worked for me and others is setting up
        a gmail account (www.gmail.com <http://www.gmail.com/> ). My problem has
        mainly been the other way around, that people are unable to get their
        messages through to me. But the Archives may accept your message if it comes
        from gmail rather than your usual account.

        Janet

        _____

        Over the last several weeks, I have been trying to email the
        Military Archives in Vienna but the messages get returned
        immediately with the following error messages:

        <kapost@...>
        (reason: 550 This system is configured to reject mail from ms-
        smtp-03.nyroc.rr.com)

        <<< 550 This system is configured to reject mail from ms-smtp-
        03.nyroc.rr.com
        554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

        Has anyone ever been successful emailing the archives? Is there
        another email address for the archives other than:
        kapost@...

        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=Genealogy+researc
        h&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=G
        enealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=xntgx6A0Rcg_VUSBl75now> research

        Cellular
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w1=Genealogy
        +research&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacati
        ons&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=Sswj6jikI3GyAwN14MTVYw> phone
        family plan

        Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Genealogy+research&
        w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=Gen
        ealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=-i-j__amF_XiBBzdm0UFHg> genealogy

        Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+vacations&w1=Genealogy+research&
        w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=Gen
        ealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=HQILCZUrY4Gx9vcx3YI4Rw> vacations

        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy+rese
        arch&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w
        5=Genealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=UW_mMLsFwcJFgSXIzYoW3Q> family tree

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2006
          Read the message carefully. It thinks messages coming from your mail
          service are spam and are immediately rejecting them.
          Try another email account.
          Bill

          --
          Bill Tarkulich